spl brand amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
j.reed wrote:
If you dont have a mic. I would not suggest that method. Go 6cu.ft. net and 60sq.in of port area. Tune to 35hz-45 hz.
I do not have any access at all to any mic or anything else. And another thing, I can BUILD a ported box, and I can DESIGN AND BUILD SEALED boxes, but ported boxes i cannot design. Now I have heard to build to such and such sq.in of port. How do I get 60in. of port area? Like basically just a breakdown of the pieces of wood sizes e.x.:
Face(top) = ...in. x ...in.
Bottom = ...in. x ...in.
L. Side = ...in. x ...in.
R. Side = ...in. x ...in.
Front(where the port will be) = ...in. x ...in.
Rear = ...in. x ...in.
Port piece 1(for L style port) = ...in. x ...in.
Port piece 2(for L style port) = ...in. x ...in.
It will be subs up and port front for me because of the way the car is setup, I know that much from a friend who helped me last time. Oh and the wood will be .75" thick and I will resin the inside of the box and the outside too.
bp
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Area of the port opening would be the port opening width X height= 60 square inches. So you could do a 10" X 6" port. That would give you 60 sq.in. of port area. Without having measurements of the space its hard to say how i would lay it out. As far a tune. The goal is 1/4 wavelength tuning to where the meter will be placed. So you will want the enclosure to peak at that frequency. Hints why i would do it with a test enclosure and with a very peaky enclosure to get the most output at the frequency and tune until it is spot on.
So since you cant do that. Start using the slot port and enclosure calculators on this site. Take 6 cubic foot net, figure a port at 60sq.in of port area. ex. 10"x 6" or what ever you want to make it to fit right. Enter in the Fb tune where you think best, probably somewhere between 35-45Hz.
Once you have the port area and length figure for your goal net. Then figure the cubic foot of the port volume. L x W x H. of the port, add that to the 6 cubic foot net. Then add driver displacement for the drivers and any internal bracing to the total. That will give you the GROSS internal volume you should shoot for.
Once you have the GROSS internal figured. Head to the box calculator. Start working dimensions to get you to your gross internal that will fit your space.
spl brand amps - Page 6 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic