Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
nevermind, i found it. haha my bad.
bp
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to follow along....but how you doing on budget? Do you still need to buy wires, connectors, fuse? etc?
This is what I do for FUN!
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
I'm trying to follow along....but how you doing on budget? Do you still need to buy wires, connectors, fuse? etc?
On budget, if I get the 2 12" IA Lethal Injections, it will cost me $300 for both together shipped. therefore, I would have $200 left over. I have all my wiring and everything, basically i just need 2 12" subs and a monoblock amp and I am good to go.
bp
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
If it were me. I would save a bit more and go with the IA death row woofer at a min from the IA line or Fi BL from Fi. On the AQ2200 or IA20.1 amp. The extra power handling will be a benefit for sure. Either of those amps are pretty stout. I would have a hard time putting 2 600rms woofers on an amp over 2000rms. Your just asking for putting out more money anyway on replacing the overpowered woofers. Especially in the lanes. It would save you in the long run. If you can't it could be ok with lower gain setting and absolutely no clipping for daily and a very carefull ear. In the lanes for a burp it could be fine, but on a musical average the life will be drastically cut. Now if you went to the AQ1200 you would be fine, but we are talking a potential loss of 3db form the power loss. To get that back you could tune really high, but then you lost any chance of any decent musicality of the system.
Another thing we have not discussed is powering the system. Your going to need a H/O alt 200+A to power a AQ2200 or IA.20, big 3 and a min of 2 gauge wire. I would run nothing less then 0 gauge personally.
spl brand amps - Page 5 -- posted image.
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hah, J.Reed, good call, I wasnt sure if that had been discussed. Ya xchrisx, you may be a little ways from shore still. The level of power your talkin, I'd walk through every parameter again with J.R to make sure every last item has been accounted for and approved. By all means, rock on with it, you're on the way, the12volt can see you through to the end.
This is what I do for FUN!
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
I already have a HO alternator, brand new Duralast Gold battery, and all 0 gauge wiring including for the big 3. I have in the back a batcap 800 and a stinger spv35, but I have the stinger battery out for now, I dont know if I will put it back in. so as far as the wiring and power, I think I have that already covered, pretty much its going to be on the woofers and amp. Also, i was already looking at the DR(death row) subs, I may go that way, but I have to see what my price would be for that. As far as the amp, if i were to stay with the LI(lethal injection) I would go with the 1200 rather than the 2200.
bp
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Well i guess it up to you to decide what your final selections are thenspl brand amps - Page 5 -- posted image.. Once you do that then you can start figuring box design.
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
well I actually got set back because the transmission went in my car so I had to get a different one. So I then had to take up an offer that was amazing. 3 12" Crossfire BMF 1214 subs and 2 Crossfire XP600D amps and a Pioneer 7" cd/dvd player. Now with that being said, what would be a good size to build that box? Any input is welcome. Again, as you can tell I want it to be a box that can put down numbers, SPL is everything to me and SQ is nothing to me. It will be where the back seat would be in a 96 eclipse, my last setup i had it subs up, port front because the way the back is sealed off for air ride and monitors and whatnot. Thanks!
bp
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
I put the wrong amps, they are going to be 2 of them, model number VRA600D
bp
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
As far as tune i cant really tell you what would be best for your vehical or placement. Do you have access to a spl mic, TL or AC? If you do, I would start out with 8 cube gross and around 200sq.in of port area. length around 16.5 that should be an Fb=56hz or so. Should peak around 60 Hz. Then you can add in mdf plates to narrow down the port area and lower tune until you find the sweet spot for the vehicle.(this method will take time and lots of testing). This will be a very peaky box. Normal music listening would be straight CRAP and could damage the subs very easily without sub sonic filter set correctly. Anthing below the Fb the subwoofer can mechanically unload and very fast in a n enclosure like this. It could cause damage even with a filter below Fb, but once you find the vehicle resonance point you should see some very good DB's out of it. 145s should be cake. possibly 150+db burps.
One of the reasons we said before. If you want to play music you will need some SQ, But that would be the way to go as loud as it could.
If you dont have a mic. I would not suggest that method. Go 6cu.ft. net and 60sq.in of port area. Tune to 35hz-45 hz.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic