icon

spl brand amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
its going in a 96 eclipse. Basically, I want something that I can do at least 145db in daily. I can go a little above my budget, but not much. Again, I also get things at a very good price depending on the brand too. But if you let me know what I would need, I can see what I can do. I just want to compete with 2 12"s, nothing major, but something that will beat daily at 145db.
bp
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
I did my brother in laws CRX with modded crossfire 1000d and 2 memphis m3 12's its doing mid 145s at 35Hz. and still sounds pretty good too. a bit peaky, but That should be a workable goal with your vehicle.
spl brand amps - Page 4 -- posted image.
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Cool deal. Just let me know what I should look into. Thanks.
bp
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Audioque amps are pretty cheap and make good power. think the AQ2200 is $289 shipped. Sub wise there are quite a few that would fit the bill and almost your budget. With a good designed ported enclosure you should be able to get close to or even better than your goal.
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking at their stuff and it looks pretty decent. Did you happen to take a look at incriminator audio? They have pretty good stuff too. I don't know which to go with.
bp
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Retail $1000 more for the IA20.1 is very high compared to AQ and less rated power then the AQ2200, but it is fused at 200A like the AQ2200. In the end its up to you. Its your money, sweat and hopefully not too much blood.
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2010 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
well with IA, i can get very good discounts on their stuff.
bp
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
take a look at these subs. ive heard of Vibe but never heard them. what do you think?
Vibe
bp
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
Don't know about Vibe at all, but I can tell you now that sub wont work for you if doing a pair. its a dual 2ohm. Leaving you a 2 or .5 ohm load. What about the Fi BL its 1000 RMS and rebuild-able. You can also add features for more power handling if needed. BL and BTL are both great SPL sub and built nicely. Price is also very respectful. They are actually made in the same house as RE and Ascendant Audio. So quality is very good. In fact I believe the basket is from the RE MT's. The Fi BL is like $275 for the 12. You can get it in 1ohm and 2ohm DVC. A pair of dual 1ohm BL's would be perfect for you with an IA20.1 or the AQ2200. I could see that getting pretty dang loud.
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
well i was thinking of just going with the 2 12" IA Lethal Injections or Death Penalty's. With those and probably the AQ2200. by the way, how much is that AQ2200 amp?
bp
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic