icon

spl brand amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
really? ok, cool deal. but where do you see that at? and ...there is a circuit city ad on the bottom of the page as i am typing this haha....anyway umm where was I... oh right now I am looking for something to hit at least 145db. i use to hit 141db with my 2 audiobahn aw1200q subs, granted they were only good for spl and had horrible sq, i didn't mind, they lasted me 7 years and they are still going. but i want something that is just straight SPL, do you have any other inputs? take a look at this site, here i could get 2 12" lethal injections for 300 shipped, that leaves 200 for an amp.
bp
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
are the power acoustik mofox subs any good? they look beefy as hell and look like they would slam pretty hard, granted itd be all spl and no sq, but again, i could care less for sq, im only into spl. and they are not too expensive either, so maybe a good choice?
bp
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
the power acoustik subs may look beefy, but they are Cheap overrated CRAP! the IA is a better woofer.
spl brand amps - Page 3 -- posted image.
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
I wired a boat with soundstream equipment. After a full day of hard use in the heat, the amps would shut off. But never sooner than expected. In the end, the box will determine whether or not your "slappin". Subs in the same price range all have their +/-. Except Memphis!   spl brand amps - Page 3 -- posted image.
This is what I do for FUN!
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
ianarian makes a very valid point. Enclosure is one of them most important keys if not THE most important part of your subwoofer system.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
<!!!WARNING!!! Grammar police !!!WARNING!!!>
xchrisx wrote:
...but again, i could care less for sq...
You keep saying that... That means that you DO care, if only a little bit. If you *could* care less, then why DON'T you care less? I'm sure you mean "you COULDN'T care less". That phrase means that you do not care even the slightest bit about SQ, which is, I am sure, the emotion you are trying to convey...
</!!!WARNING!!! Grammar police !!!WARNING!!!>
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
<!!!WARNING!!! Grammar police !!!WARNING!!!>
xchrisx wrote:
...but again, i could care less for sq...
You keep saying that... That means that you DO care, if only a little bit. If you *could* care less, then why DON'T you care less? I'm sure you mean "you COULDN'T care less". That phrase means that you do not care even the slightest bit about SQ, which is, I am sure, the emotion you are trying to convey...
</!!!WARNING!!! Grammar police !!!WARNING!!!>
hahaha, yeah, I couldn't care less about SQ, I only want SPL and I know that the box is what everything relies on in the end, and I can build boxes pretty damn good, so that isn't an issue.
bp
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe he should have put it this way. Do you want to be able to play music? or will this just be a burp machine at one certain Hz? This will determine SPL output. If you intend to play music it wont be a full out SPL machine. Some sacrifice will have to be made for any musicality of the system.
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
i want it to be able to play music too, but basically something that no one as a daily driver could beat out and also something i can take to the lanes if i choose to.
bp
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
xchrisx wrote:
i want it to be able to play music too, but basically something that no one as a daily driver could beat out and also something i can take to the lanes if i choose to.
So you do need a small amount of SQ spl brand amps - Page 3 -- posted image. With your budget I don't see you beating everyones daily driver. You would be lucky if you went full out burp box and got close to the numbers of my daily driver, but I have a LOT of money wrapped up in it. I have a buddy that had a "daily driver" that was doing over 160db+. He drove it to work everyday.
What class are you trying to compete in? Power class, square inches class, modded, ect.?
I think its time now to look at your budget, goals and reevaluate a bit to make for realistic goals. If your goal is simply 145db that can probably be done. Even with a more musical playing system. Being the baddest dude around on that budget is not going to happen. With a high tune burp box you could do well in the lanes, but it not going to play music. If you go to something that plays music you are going to lose some SPL which could take you out of a good spot in the lanes. Install and clean power can get you pretty far.
What kind of vehicle is this going in?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic