icon

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan, Viper 5902

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
The question of where you put it...Could they just stick there head under the dash and locate wires...? I usually wrap ALL my wires from connector to connection...This makes it more diffucult for a thief to locate and dis-connect power wire(s)...They dont have to locate the brain to disable the alarm...But just the wires from it...! Just make sure these are not visible by sticking your head under drivers dash and looking up...You have added just about EVERY step of security you can have(besides a flat-bed... self-lowering suspension 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan, Viper 5902 - Page 11 - Last Post -- posted image.)...Hiding the wires is just as important...Siren,power,etc...You could even get loom/wrap that matches your factory wire coverings and add to the diffuculty of finding...Although tape will probabbly be more then sufficient...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
dereileak 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
well, when you look under my dash there is a plastic cover you would have to bust off, then you can see some wires, if you feel up there there are lots of wires, kinda messy, but overall it would be hard to do that with my peizo siren blasting in your ears, and me coming to the car. mainly I am happy if It warns me enough to go out the the car, whether they turn it off or not, honestly I do not live in a bad area and probably wont even get my stuff stolen, I went overboard yes, its just feeling better that my stuff is better protected, I forgot to thank you too tommy.. for all the help!! I am so happy to finish this install, had to fun the prox wires under the carpet today, that was a pain, but finally did it. One flaw I found in viper alarms is if you find the ground wire and cut or disconect that, BOOOM the whole alarm stops, whether you have a back up battery or not, one little wire, which is the wire I would look for if I was breaking into a car, it stops everything. like mine is in the kick panel, I hid it pretty well so you cant just go and cut it, you would have to search, but I will be out there to kick there ass by the time there are out, I set my prox sensor to warn a good 3 feet from the car on the sides, and 1 foot from the rear, and trigger you have to go in the car, I wanted to make sure that it would not trigger no matter what you did outside, I was jumping and running up to my car to test, my neighbor probably thought I was some nut, lol, but it was tested and works good, I hid the wires well, but you could find them if you wanted, I should just put a sign when you remove the panel to get to the steering columns plate that says, cutting any wires will disable the car from starting and trigger the alarm, even though it will already be going off, lol, but anyways, thanks for all they help
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Kicker Dual CVX 15's - Installed
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp - Installed
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
the only bad thing is, my siren ground can be disconnected in 3 seconds, its right when you open the hood you can see the nut its hooked too, I have the wires for the tach all in loom, but the siren wires got to thick with the taping I did to do loom, I figure if they get in the hood I will know and I will get out there. my sirens are pretty loud, but I want louder, like blast your ears and run away, any ideas for that? also any good PA system that I can put in my van, I want to drive up to someone being dumb at a light and yell at them, lol, like STEP ON IT pet monkey, XD
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen lots of ppl use the radio shack $35 "pa"speaker,but that was to entertain everyone outside of the car...You could always add another ground at the connector...running the opposite direction...Same with the siren...So you said the brain was "hard" to get to...A couple inches from where the ground goes into the alarms connector...Poke,Wrap,Tape,or solder another wire and find ground up high in the dash...If this really is a concern...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
Also check your local laws on "yelling" at people at lights...A friend bought a used police cruiser with siren and "pa" system still functioning...Was cool til the cops found out...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
Oh and BTW...Your welcome...This post has been so long...I forget what help i gave...But Your Welcome...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
my local laws are if you hear it 50 feet from the vehicle its too loud, I say screw that, lol, yea this is a long post
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

well good thing is, a long post = more knowledge gained.

now when you tackle your next one, you wont spend weeks on the car ahah.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 11

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic