icon

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan, Viper 5902

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dereileak 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
mine has the y cord but doesnt have 4 wires, just 3, so I dont think the warn would work, I just cut the wires and spliced them together, I think I need to just add the diode to the wire going to the audio sensor, because if the audio sensor goes off feedback doesnt matter, but feedback from the prox sensor causes the audio sensor to go off, so I will diode it tommorrow, and then I am all good
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Kicker Dual CVX 15's - Installed
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp - Installed
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
I diode isolated both sensors, but when the warning on the prox goes off, it warns, then when thats done its always goes off, any ideas? I cannot figure it out, everything else works, the glass sensor works fine, the full trigger on the prox works fine, but the warn always causes the full alarm after its warned, does it drop voltage in the trigger wire or somethign?
Viper 5902 - Ordered
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
ok, I can not get it to work at all I have tried every combination, interesting thing is all I need is the green wire to set off the alarm and to warn for the prox sensor, but no matter what, if the audio sensor was connected, no matter if its diode isolated or not, it would go off with just a prox warn. Now can I hook up the audio sensor to the truck instant trigger input, I am not sure if that would work, I know that when the sensor goes off it grounds the signal blue wire, so I imagine this would set it off, then audio and prox would be on different zones too, which would be nice, anyone have any idea, no one has helped me for the last few days, please help! its my last thing I have to get done to finish this damn project, lol
Viper 5902 - Ordered
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
OMG, I can notbeleive I didnt think of this, my piezo siren inside causes the audio sensor to goo off, the peize siren only works when the car is armed, but while arming it chirps, and if someone walks by it triggers a warning, which BOOOM, sets off the audio sensor, I can not think of any way around this, any one have any ideas?, I want the prox sensor to warn, thats what it there for pretty much, man I spent 3 hours trying to figure out what was wrong, and then it hit me, wow
Viper 5902 - Ordered
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
ignore all my posts except my last one, that is my biggest issue, any one have any ideas, it is driving me nuts, I want to have both, but they are causing issues
Viper 5902 - Ordered
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
I need to find a wire thats only active when the car alarm is going off full, no warns or anything, I think the horn output wire would work, but that pulses, and I want it to be constant, is there a way to have a relay, cause the horn wire goes off when full alarm is off, then it would allow my audio sensor to work because the warning chirps wouldn't cause it to go off because of my pieze siren inside, but how can I get it to be constant?
Viper 5902 - Ordered
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
DOES ANYONE KNOW??? its like your ignoring me!!
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

ahah we arnt ignoring you,

im not too sure how you would go about doing that.

i guess not to have that sensor do any warning chirps by not wiring it up, OR set th eunit to sound on full trigger only and not do warn away.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
THANK YOU TED, well, I want the warn away, my idea is hooking up the negative relay of the peizo siren to the horn honk output negative, it will pulse the siren, but that will still hurt ears very much, then the audio sensor wont go off when the prox sensor chirps
Viper 5902 - Ordered
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, all finished, Alarm is done, prox sensor is run and set, works great, audio sensor works, I had the hook up the peizo siren up to the horn honk output so it would not set off the audio sensor when the prox sensor went off, so it pulse but that still hurts your ears, not as much though, and i have the relay ready for when my LED's come to make my car all cool and blue inside :P, everything turned out awesome, works great, thanks for all the help everybody, I spent a LONG LONG time learning how to do this and getting it right, and it paid off, I thank TED and X1xe the most!!!!! I will have to get some pictures of my car soon on here, the main reason for it was to protect my Kicker 1500.1 Mono AMp, which is very expensive, and my 2 Kicker CVX 15 Subwoofers, also pricey, and to make my car all warm inside when I go to school and work. Just one question for you:
I mounted under the steering column, some people say thats a bad spot because of easy access, but my van must not be like most peoples cars, you have to pull out 10 big bolts just to get to the alarm, which takes at least 10 minute with the door open, and I would be out there by then, so are most peoples cars steering column that hard to get too? as mine is not easy to get to it, ha ha
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic