kia forte viper 5701 parking light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
genexis 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2010 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I'm planning to install the Viper 5701 alarm on my Kia cerato forte 1.6EX (2010). However, i'm have some problems understanding the way the parking lights should be wired to the brain.

1) Is there a difference between parking lights and hazard lights? I did some reading up and it seems that parking light referings to the first "click" when you turn the light switch. If that is the case, why should there be a L and a R wire for it? Does the parking light in this case refer to the hazard light?

2) From the wiring diagram of the viper, the parking/hazard lights should be wired to the white wire in H1. However, how do i wire up both L and R of the park lights? According to the wiring diagram from www.wirewerx.com (which i bought), there is another green wire in the car which is "All Hazard Lights", and it is -ve trigger. Should I be wiring this green wire to the viper system's white wire instead?

Would really appreciate if somebody can enlighten me about this.

Here is some wiring diagram for my car.

kia forte viper 5701 parking light -- posted image.

kia forte viper 5701 parking light -- posted image.

metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
change the jumper on the remote start unit, to negative output, and you can use ORANGE, at the headlight switch, and save your urself some unessicary wiring.
but to answer your question, you could use 2 diodes and isolate L and R parking lights, or you could use 2 relays, and isolate L an R parking lights that way.
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
Hi thanks for the reply!
I'm intending to connect the white wire to the green all hazard lights wire at the vehicle. Will this work?
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
I did this car the other day and just grabbed negative p.lights at the switch. No extra dismantling/searching since it's right there by your main ignition harness.
Also, might need to wire up a relay to connect to the key cylinder and 2nd accessory to disable the car from cranking briefly during key takeover. I had to, atleast.
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks for the heads up x1le. I'll take note when i do my r/s installation.
As for the p.lights at the switch, do you remember if it is the green wire?
Also, which do you know which accessory wire is linked to the air-con of the car? Is it accessory1 or 2?
I need some clarification here, when you guys mention "parking light", are you all referring to the hazard lights? The one that is used for signaling left and right?
Or do you guys mean the the first twist/click of the light switch where it turns on a dim light instead of the headlights.
x1le 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
Look at the wiring diagram you posted. Right under the + p.light wire, it lists a - p.light wire found at the switch. Super easy to grab it here, just make sure you set the fuse to - on the viper unit.
And parking lights are not the same as hazards. Parking lights are usually just the corner lights turned on, or the "first click" as you refer to. Hazard lights are your turn signals...
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the clarifications. In my country, most of our alarms are connected to the hazard lights. This way, when it flashes we can see it from the front and the back.
Am I right to say that the parking/hazard lights will flash automatically when connected to the white wire of the viper unit? Or do i need to do some other wiring?
x1le 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
You have parking lights in your tails, also. Hook up to the parking light wire and forget about the hazards.
And by default the parking lights will flash with just about everything including lock, unlock, remote start, alarm (obviously), but it's also programmable if you only want them to flash with certain functions.
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot! I'll be doing some wiring testing this weekend, and will be probably doing the installation next weekend.
Also, do you know which accessory wire is linked to the air-con of the car? Is it accessory1 or 2? Is there a way to test it without cutting the wire?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,603
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yes there's way to test! A meter! Do you have one?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic