icon

alarm, 2006 honda civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
Try reading the instructions? If not orange and orange black, join to Viper orange, red to 12v+, black to ground, blue/black, GREEN/ black, WHITE/ black and BROWN / black to motor wires and grey and grey/black don't use.
If you haven't the instruction sheet, the connections are embossed on one side of the unit.
This is turning out to be one of the longest posts ever, on a relatively simple car.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Actually if this vehicle is like earlier Hondas with 2 control relays and ground switching via the switch, you can do this with a timed or held pulsed output with just an aux.
Secondly if there's a safety stop (a.k.a. "trap" on the mech, you might have problems.
scooter99 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

Well it's probably relatively simple for people who do it every day.  But for someone who is learning how to do it and just asking for varification on it, it's not and I just need a little reassurance that what I'm doing is correct or not.

I have read the instructions by the way which is why I did what I did, and I'm just looking, again, for a little varification.  If it's wrong then I'll go back and re read it and go from there. 

It's not a viper alarm I'm using.  It's a zenesis ZN502AS. 

But in reading the viper installation manual for a couple seconds, I'm assuming you're talking about the Primary Harness H1/12 Orange (-) 500mA Ground When Armed Output wire and not the (-) 200mA Accessory Output wire. 

So then the rest of the wires go to the motor then and not between the motor and switch?  That doesn't really make since to me.  What I'm seeing is that the Blue and the Green go to the motor side, then the Brown and the White go to the switch. 

Then you're saying don't use the Gray/Black or the Gray at all?  Is that correct?

scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so here's my updated diagram. 

Changes:

1 - I removed the (-) Trunk Release wire from the idatalink and am going to run it to the (-) trunk release in the car.  That way the alarm runs it not the datalink. 

2 - I removed the (-) Ground When Armed Relay and inserted 3 diodes, 1 for each module. 

3 - I removed the (-) Auxilary Output Relay and just ran without one to each modlue. 

4 - I also removed the (-) Output During Activation Relay (if needed) because it appears that i don't need it, if I'm listening and reading correctly.

5 - On the 529T module, I've removed the (-) Disarm Output wire to the (-) Output Activation Side 2, and also removed the (-) Activation Input Side 2 from the (-) Disarm Output wire and connected it and the (-) Activatiion Input Side 1 wire to the (-) Ground When Armed Wire.  The (-) Output Activation, Side 1 and Side 2 (gray and gray/black) wires are not being used.

Question - I have a diode going on the (-) Ground When Armed wire, white bar towards the alarm, do ineed one for the 2 Activation Input Wires?  Or is one fine on the Ground When Armed wire?

I think that's all the changes.  Does everything look good otherwise on the diagram?  I'd like confirmation, or varification whichever you wanna call it, on the diagram before I get started on the installation please. 

Updated Diagram: https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/99scooter/FINAL%20INSTALL/AlarmRemoteStartDiagram2.jpg

scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone want to give any input?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  

when you unlock your car doors, do the domelights come on? if so no need for domelight output aka domelight supervision.

looks good from what i see. just not too sure about the 529t module, i havnt used one yet, so wiring cant say if its correct.

everything else looks fine from what i see. nice diagram though

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  

did you buy the zenesis yet?

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

when you unlock your car doors, do the domelights come on? if so no need for domelight output aka domelight supervision.

looks good from what i see. just not too sure about the 529t module, i havnt used one yet, so wiring cant say if its correct.

everything else looks fine from what i see. nice diagram though

I believe that it does, but I already have an alarm on it.  But it's the alarm from the factory.  I haven't gotten a chance to look at all the wires and compare them to the diagram from the installation manual of the alarm yet.  Do you think that makes a difference as far as the light coming on or not?  I guess I could just leave it off and then put it on later if it doesn't work. 

Thanks for the diagram complament, and thank you for your input. 

scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

did you buy the zenesis yet?

Yes I've got that and the bypass and modules.  I've got everything I need to start the install.  Why do you ask?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2010 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
If the factory alarm has a white plug, pull the unit off the plug, the car should still start and run, then you have your door, trunk or hatch and hood triggers + either lights or indicators all in one place, I've done them that way on UK build civics. If when you unlock the car the dome lights come on, you WON'T need dome light supervision.
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic