icon

trouble wiring my xk01 and 5901 together

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
v7guy 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
I have a viper 5901 with the XK01 bypass using AMDL firmware.
I'm using the manual from here http://www.bypasskit.com/manual.aspx?prodid=XK01&catid=21
My problem is that I'm not finding matching terminology. For instance...
the XK01 Brown wire wants input ground when running.
I can't find anything on the 5901 that is "input ground when running."
XK01 Green wire wants lock output wire
I can't find a lock output wire on the 5901 there's a "(-) lock (+) unlock output" is this what I'm looking for?
XK01 Blue wire wants unlock output wire
I can't find a wire on the 5901 labeled unlock output. I see a (+)lock (-) unlock output, is that it?
XK01 Violet/White wire wants Door & trunk/hatch sense trigger input wire
Is that door trigger input on the 5901?
XK01 Orange wire wants disarm output
I don't see any wire labeled disarm output on the 5901
the other wires are labeled fine. OBD2 port, power, ground, dome light, I understand the hookup in the vehicle, just not the hook up between the two components. If someone can help me out or point me in the direction where I can find the info it would be greatly appreciated.
alarep5 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

What is the vehicle? Make - model - year?

If it is GM then I can help.

I have installed many xko1's so I know what you need for wire connections.

Sorry, I don't know wire designations for viper 5901 but maybe the following will help.

Ground while running is an output wire from your remote starter( r/s)

Any wire coming out of your r/s that is labeled "ground while running" is what you connect to brown wire of xko1.

If there is no wire actually designated as "ground while running" then you will probably have to program a wire for that purpose.  Or you can test wires to find one.

Most, lock modules require a neg(-) feed from r/s for lock wires. So if you have both pos(+) and neg feeds, use neg.

So connect xko1 blue-unlock to r/s blue neg unlock, connect xko1 green lock to r/s neg lock.

The violet wire from xko1 is the data bus wire for GM. Purple wire at computer plug.

Red to 12v constant, black to ground

The orange wire is for trunk if you have one.

OLDSCHOOL - If the wire is there,...use it.
alarep5 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

Oh, forgot to mention, the "ground while running" may be labeled "active while running"

If you find a smaller, ga.(20-22 ga.) wire indicated "active" or "ground" while running is is probably a "neg" feed for a bypass or lock module.

Most pos feeds from r/s modules are larger wires.

buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of vehicle is this going in to?

The brown wire should go to the relay out harness on the 5901.  The blue wire is "Blue RS Status (-) 200mA"

Blue/Green on the xk01 should run to the blue/green on the door lock harness for the 5901.

Violet/White you shouldn't need to use.

Orange usually needs to be connected if the factory security doesn't disarm upon remote starting. 

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
use  the supplied D2D cable and the only wire you have to hook up on the XK01 is the Violet to the OBD!!
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
v7guy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
the vehicle is a 2004 chevy trailblazer,
all my problems currently are related to connecting the XK01 and the 5901 together wire to wire. I've read plenty of problems on here and elsewhere about finicky Data to Data and just wanted to install and forget.
on another forum I've gotten the suggestion that the ground when running maybe... Remote Start Aux Output 5 - Blue (-) Status Output
matthewjon 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
for the ground when running, use the h2/10 (dark blue) wire, it is the status output wire.
I didnt have that wire hooked up correctly when I installed my 5901 in my truck a few weeks ago. A couple of the guys on set me straight, and it works like it should.
Hope this helps.
alarep5 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

v7guy,

I have done hundreds of this car.

Wire it like  I described above, tape off any remaining wires. To be honest, I haven't had much luck with the XKO1 in the trailblazer. I switched to the GMDLBP, and have had no problems with it.

The main complaint with the XKO1's was start but locks wouldn't work. I reset a lot of XKO1's and some never came back but many did.

My installs were mainly in the Envoys which seem to be a little pickier than the trailblazers but I thought I better tell you about my experience with the XKO1's.

If you have leather factory heated seats then you may want to consider the DLPKGM. It is supposed to turn the seat heat on if the engine temp is less than 30 degrees.

Both these modules are easily programmed maually.

Unless you are a shop installer, avoid the idatalink components. I use them and I like them, but you can't programm them manually.

Good luck, let us know if you need more help.

v7guy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
I actually bought all of this stuff about a year ago. The XK01 was the recommended bypass at the time. I started wiring everything and then the misses found a house that was a deal that was to good to pass up. I gutted the house and redid everything and it took priority over everything else for the last year.
I had only half wired the 5901 and XK01 (my first alarm/r/s), looking back at it now I did a lot of the heavy gauge harness wrong and was surprised at the learning curve of auto security/bypass diagrams. the vagueness of the diagrams are hard to follow. I think I need a better understanding of this stuff in general. The T harness actually complicated things more since the wires are all different colored.
It's very frustrating that I can rebuild motors and transmissions, troubleshoot vehicle wiring problems but am having a lot of trouble installing a remote start/alarm.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

i have used dozens of XK01's on Envoys, Trailblazer, etc with the 5901 and 5501 in D2D with no issues or comebacks at all..... in fact these and the 03-07 CK's are the only vehicles i actually use D2D on at all anymore......

like i said.... one wire to connect.... that's it......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic