trying to find reason for small fire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
Questions:-
1) Does the siren NOT chirp on arm disarm but sound on alarm trigger?
2) Or not at all?
If 1) Siren's internal batteries have failed, replace the siren or the batteries, except by the time you've found a replacement (rechargeable) battery pack, it costs out cheaper to replace the siren. Been there!
If 2) There should be a 2amp fuse on the feed from the alarm to the Siren, adjacent to the alarm unit. Make sure it's intact.
r1_pilot 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
The siren does not sound at all. It was working a month ago.
The plugs are all tight, the fuse is good. The only thing I am not 100% sure I did correctly is that there is another plug between the plug that goes into the brain and the fuse. This second plug was left without being plugged into anything as I could not find where it went.
I can see the parking lights flash on arm/disarm and the LED. If I hit the car the factory horn beeps.
Also one more question, the sensor that plugs into the MUX outlet. It was on the floor under the carpet by the seat. I need to relocate it as the wire is not too long. Is there a specific way it has to be mounted?
Thanks for all the help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
If it's a white Y plug with a male and female, the male plugs into the alarm CPU. same end as the antenna but opposite side, rust coloured siren plug to first port, next one in(Also marked As Wizz net port). Female connector goes to Intellistart.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

*ahem*

Pop pop that Clutch!!! haha

lowpriceaudio wrote:

For one I dont see why they would split a ignition wire and run it into the brain.

Normally the brain has starter kill built in and they split the starter wire so the vehicle will not start when the alarm is armed.

Second, The water getting to the connectors is probably  a boot on the firewall removed and not reinstalled properly or at all which allows water to run down the engine harness wiring under the column.

Anyway if you want to do it right factory approved  strip back the wire one inch flat wrap and twist wire back together , Solder and Heat Shrink to Complete.

"dont ground out!"
r1_pilot 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

I feel like a moron, but after about checking and rechecking everything, it seems that the siren wire got disconnected from the brain. Siren problem fixed.

Does anyone know what that sensor that plugs into the MUX outlet is all about? Is it a shock sensor and does it matter how and where it is mounted?

Thanks for all the help,

J

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic