used car with alarm, 04 tundra, code alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

j.w.-

So right now, you have the Audiovox circuit wired in, but lock doesn't work (same starting point as before, only now we are down to 1 relay...).

2 key questions:  1.) do the doors lock from the doorlock switch on the door?

2.) with your previous (initial) set up, you had the unlock relay working....did you use that relay for this?  If not, please revert to that relay...

Please post your answers.  I believe we can make this work...

Lectric Guy
j.w. 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
1) yes, same as before. door locks function as they should. remote unlock works; just no remote locking.
2) yes, using the unlock relay.
and here's one more bit... i was driving down the road, hit a bump, and all the doors locked. ?? probably loose wiring somewhere, huh?
i don't have a test light, but can pick one up tomorrow and give it a try.
thanks!
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

j.w.-

Yes, could be a loose wire, but let's get more info.    

1.) When you try to lock using the Code Alarm remote, does the relay click or energize(this may seem trivial, but it is important...)?  Can you hear the relay/feel the relay when you press lock?

Lectric Guy
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, been pretty busy with work, and haven't had a chance to mess with this. I'll try to go pick up a test light tonight, and get out there to take some readings as well as feel the relay to see if it's clicking. Will post the results in 6 or 7 hours if i can do it tonight.
thanks again,
j.w.
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
my bad fellas. work has been crazy. i picked up a test light, but have not had a chance to do any testing. I actually have a bigger problem now. My tail lights are not functioning. Brake lights work fine, but no tail lights. I was just made aware of it, but i think it's been the case as early as halfway through this thread. Could this have been a result of me removing that second relay? not sure how it could. I've checked the tail lights fuse, and it is fine. The bulbs are fine b/c it's the same bulb as the brake lights and that works fine. I guess my next step is to isolate the problem in the circuit. Using my multimeter and/or test light, what would be my next step?
I'm still not giving up on the lock relay, just need to tackle this first. Thanks, J.W.
afg_capone 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
check for power and ground. have someone press the brake pedal and stick your test light on one of the pins in the tailight socket and ground the test light wire to a known good ground. if you get the light on then check with a multimeter if you get 12v across the two terminals when the brake is pressed. if you dont get the light on then check the other terminal. if light goes on, then your problem lies the ground wire, if it doesnt then its the power wire. lemme know what happens
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
The brake light and parking light are in the same bulb but use a different filament so the bulb can be bad if one (brake or parking) light doesn't light up. If all 4 parking lights don't work it's not very likely the bulb but if it's isolated to one or two lights then the easiest thing to do is check the bulbs.
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
good to know! i bought some new bulbs just in case. I'm going to swap them out now and see if that works. will post back here in just a few. thanks!
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
nice call. that was it. the second filament on both bulbs was toast. replaced with new bulbs, and i'm back in business. thanks again!
ok, back to the lock relay. not sure if i can work on it any more today, but will check it out as soon as i get a chance. i'm determined to get this working!
Page of 7

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic