icon

pkh34 issue wtih 2008 honda pilot ex l

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2010 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
2008 Pilot with a Viper 5701 and the PKH34. Straight forward installation, everything else works, and if I stick a key in the ignition (without turning it), the car will remote start. I made all the connections W2W in lieu of using the data line.
Instructions can be found here:
http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=212
I installed the PKH34 per the instructions, hooking up the unit per the instructions for "Install A" with the following exceptions. I used the vehicle ground in lieu of the ground on Pin 1. I used Vehicle Ignition in the ignition harness in lieu of Pin 7. And Pin 5 for my car was NOT blue/orange (it was WHITE/ blue). When I tried to program it, the LED would never turn on. I held the button down, turned the key on, and then nothing happened (even after holding the button for 20 seconds). I then tried to reset the unit, leaving it plugged in, but again the LED would never illuminate. The LED does illuminate when I begin a remote-start sequence from the alarm, but obviously the car cranks and never starts. I presume the PKH34 is defective, but I wanted to hear some other opinions. thanks!!
- Chris
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2010 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  

disconnect your ground when running wire then try programming.

check this post out with the picture i posted. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=119750&KW=2010+pilot

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
crvz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

disconnect your ground when running wire then try programming.

check this post out with the picture i posted. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=119750&KW=2010+pilot

Thanks, tedmond. I tried that, as well as hooking up the other lines (the ignition and ground) to the same harness, which is what directed recommended. Neither solved the problem. Should I pursue getting a new pkh34, or a different bypass all together?
todds440 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Did you misprint your post on ignition pin 7 of pkm 34? Pin 7 is for security light led. Pin 8 is ignition. Pin 1 you have to hook up to remote start module.
crvz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2010 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
todds440 wrote:
Did you misprint your post on ignition pin 7 of pkm 34? Pin 7 is for security light led. Pin 8 is ignition. Pin 1 you have to hook up to remote start module.
I was referring to the pins on the car harness, which only has 7 pins.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2010 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

never used the bypasskits stuff, im an idatalink and fortin piece guy.

i have yet to run into a problem.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
crvz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
to close the loop, it was simply a faulty pkh34. I swapped it out and the remote start works fine now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic