looking for info about zenesis

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
florinel76 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have a 2001 Honda Accord 4 Door DX model (nothing powered in the car) and recently I was looking to find some good and nice (cool) alarm system.
It happened that i saw something about Zenesis alarms and i start looking more info about it. I like what features are offered even though i might not be able to use all of them but the ones that i am interested seem to be incorporated in it.
What i would like is to prepare myself if i decide to go with this alarm and so i want to start to create a list with what i need to successfully install the alarm in my car.
The features that i want to use should be :
- arm/disarm alarm
- lock/unlock all 4 doors
- hood and trunk switches
- kill start engine
- remote engine start
- z-pass touch
- maybe open trunk - if i will learn more about that.
Now i understand that beside the alarm i may have to purchase actuators for my doors and a bypass system.
In terms of bypass i understand that Fortin is the one that works with Zenesis alarms, I will look more into that as well.
But besides these i understand that i may need to use relays.
question is how many and will i need to prepare myself to buy some diodes (this is based on what i have read in one of the threads - and the person was installing a window remote open and close) for the door lock/unlock system ?
In the meantime i will read more about installing properly an alarm system.
I have to say that i don't have very much knowledge about electronics but i am quick in understanding the principles, however i do have technical skills.
I understand there will be members that look at this and say ... ok here is another smart-a** trying to pretend he can install a car alarm, so please give me a chance and have patience with my questions.
Thank you all.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

Zenesis will work with any bypass if wired the traditional w2w (wire to wire method), but if you want data which i dont use, then fortin is your best bet. if you dont have door locks and want them, actuators will need to be installed. 

you might use up to 5 relays for defrost, lock/unlock if actuators are installed, trunk release, starter kill/anti grind, etc. You will also need some 1N400x (x can be any number) diodes as well.

this car is actaully VERY easy to do, all the wires are available at the ignition collumn and fuse box. The disarm can be done by going to the passenger fuse box, or if you use a module, it will save time but cost slightly more. IMO, i would use the module concicdering you are installing for the first time. 

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you tedmond .
I will get back probably after i will receive the alarm.
Now i have couple a questions based on what you wrote ... what did you mean by defrost? and what is it about the disarm ? and you are saying to use a module instead disarming, that's where i got a little lost.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2010 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  

you can wire up the unit to turn on the defrost if the temperature is below x degrees. Its a nice feature during the winter, i use it during the winter and its great.

The vehicle has a factory alarm, so you will need tohook up the disarm wire. Although the module can do disarm so you wont have to run wires to the passenger fusebox, the module takes care of locks, unlock, disarm, rearm, immobilizer bypass as well. What you are ultimatly doing is running lets say for example,8 wires to the module, from the module 2 wires to the car and everything is controlled.

its just a shortcut in a way but a time saver and headache saveer if installing for the first time. In this case i would use an idatalink module. If you dont want to spend the buck, a Fortin HONDA-SL3 will work fine. If you are paying more than 35 USD, you are getting ripped off as these are only 20-25 CAD

Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: May 21, 2010 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  

btw, how come zenesis?

i have done a few, they are not bad, but i think the compustar units are WAY better in my opinion

Ted
Compustar Expert
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2010 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

btw, how come zenesis?

i have done a few, they are not bad, but i think the compustar units are WAY better in my opinion

yeah i was searching the whole last week about alarms and the one that keep popping up more frequent was viper, cliford and python and zenesis and some no name companies. seems the viper and cliff and python are made by the same company.
so i looked for the specifications of all and seems that zenesis it is just a new one on the market and i like the look of it, i believe it is not a bad alarm and i decided to give it a chance.
i live in california and here it only rains in the winter and it barely gets so cold to freeze. so i will think more about the defrost one.
also about the alarm, i thought that my DX doe not have an alarm, i checked with the dealers and they told me based on my VIN that the only security is the immobilizer ... so if you think i do have a factory alarm where should i look for it ?
and in terms of wiring diagrams for the car i should just research here on the site or should i ask at the dealership ? i hope they are going to give me the diagram if i request it ... lol
thanks
if it sucks i will let everybody know about it ... :)))
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
The DX was the base model and it does not come with the factory alarm system.
I highly doubt the dealer would supply the wiring diagrams for you car.
They can order you the wiring manual for you though.
Depending on which individual systems you are interested in, I may be able to provide you a copy.
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2010 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
91stt wrote:
The DX was the base model and it does not come with the factory alarm system.
I highly doubt the dealer would supply the wiring diagrams for you car.
They can order you the wiring manual for you though.
Depending on which individual systems you are interested in, I may be able to provide you a copy.
sounds good thanks . i did more research here on the forum and found out that bulldog's website has the wiring for free for a lot of cars.
i will get back here as soon as i will learn more about the bypass systems ... so far i am still in the research phase.
thanks for all the help ... i like this forum very much ...
tedmond 
Posted: May 21, 2010 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
i can send you a diagram from fortin or omega, and that will ahve everything you need.
Ted
Compustar Expert
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2010 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
i can send you a diagram from fortin or omega, and that will ahve everything you need.
yes that would be nice ... thanks
I think i will go with fortin honda sl3 because i dont want to buy and reprogram another key to put it int the module. as i read on their website it has the chip that can be programed with the existent key ... at least that's what it makes me think from what i've read.
so ... so far everything seems in plan and this weekend i should get on to looking for prices for the components and for alarm. i will have to open the door pannels to see what is inside there and where can i position the actuators and then search for the nice decent ones ... any suggestions in terms of actuators ?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic