2007 g2500 chevy van power windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spirostats 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2010 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
spirostats wrote:
SORRY maybe I should of mentioned in this post as well that the installation is for a 2007 Chevrolet G2500 Express Cargo Van
Ok
I purchased a w02f-740T and a STAR-3 S98 from A1electric
I have installed everything else but Im having a little difficulty finishing up the alarm installation (avital 3100).
my questions are as follows:
1. I was able to install the alarm to the point where it locks and unlocks the doors successfully (I connected the blue and the green wire (from the separate harness _H2 door lock harness_) and it works fine. I also installed the siren and it works.
Im now trying to understand how to wire the H1/5 (green door trigger input) and the H1/7 (violet door trigger input) wires from the main harness. I read on the instructions that Im supposed to connect them to the "negative and positive door pin switch". The problem is that my van does not have (or does not have a traditional ) "door pin switch" but the dome light works as it should _doors open/light on and vise - versa.
I have a wiring diagram that I downloaded from the Internet that lists certain wires in the vehicle harness (under the steering column) that i think i might be able to use. For example it lists "dome light supervision' and " door trigger" but im not sure which ones they are exactly and dont know which ones to connect (+/-), in order to output to the alarm the state of the doors (open/closed)
2. this question is along the same lines as before but it pertains to the parking lights and dome light. More specifically Id like to find out where to connect the H1/4 (interior illumination) and H1/2 "selectable light flash" wire I read somewhere that the H1/2 could be wired directly to the front parking light on the vehicle but im hopping that this wire could be intercepted somewhere inside the vehicle so I don't have to run a wire through the firewall and engine compartment in order to get to the front parking light.
3. when i purchased this alarm I did not realize that it uses the same button for the lock/unlock buttons. The problem is that I sometimes find myself wondering if I hit the button by accident and disarmed the alarm involuntarily. This wouldn't be a problem if I can see or hear the alarm being triggered. But in a situation where I cannot get visual or sound confirmation (for example, behind a closed door in a noisy environment), Id like to find out if there is a way to program one of the other buttons that Im not using, (trunk release or panic) where by, no matter what state the alarm is in, when I hit that button it always locks the vehicle and arms the alarm.
Thanks for your time and sorry about the long post:)
Spiro
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic