icon

viper 5900 rs problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Leoayers 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 lincoln ls with a viper 5900 r/s and using the 1100f bypass module. For the past few month the remote start pretty much works whenever it wants to, sometimes it work perfectly then other times it will start and stall out immediately. Dont think it is a loose wire all connections are soldered and shrink wrapped. Not sure what the prob. is. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated
topinstaller200 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

Does the security light come on when this happen? If so, there may be an issue with your bypass mod. Try resetting and then reprogram the unit.

otherwise  its is probably your tach, relearn the tach. Set your tach settings lower below 0.5V

Leoayers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2010 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info, The next time it does it I will check the security light. What would be the most reliable Bypass module available that doesnt sacrifice a key? I Think the module is the prob. cause Ive had to reprogram it several times since the alarm was installed.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2010 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged  

For that car, I like the iDatalink ADS TB flashed with the ADS TB FM firmware. 

If you go to their site ( http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/ ) and look up your car and view the ADS TB FM install guide, you will notice it uses their Type 3 install.  The guide calls for a slight modification to the cars' unusual PATS wiring to improve bypass reliability. 

Soldering is fun!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
the 1100F IS an Idatalink module.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

Kevin is absolutely correct.  The 1100F is a re-badged iDatalink product so don't be mislead by its' packaging or markings.  I have used them often and found them very reliable.

viper 5900 rs problem -- posted image.

I could not find the 1100F listed on DEI's web site ( http://www.xpresskit.com/) , even in the retired products but the install guide is available in the "Downloads" section on this site.   I believe the Type 3 install modification for the PATS power mentioned earlier (ADS TB FM ) might be worth a try with the 1100F if the problem persists.

While they are a rebadged iDatalink product, I have tried to check / reflash the frimware at the iDatalink web site and was unsuccessful.  Got a message about Serial Number not recognized.

Soldering is fun!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
if you contact them on the forum with the serial # they will unlock it for flashing... they are quite good that way.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Leoayers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2010 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Ok the remote start did it again. I checked no Security light, so I did the shutdown Diag. from the install manual and it came up code 3 which is low or no tach signal. I have the tach sense hooked to the fuel inj. wire should I change it over to the coil wire or switch to using voltage sense and see if that helps any other suggestions. thanks
Leoayers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2010 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
anyone have a possible solution to my prob?
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2010 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

TBXKEY (key in a box),  Use voltage sensing, 1.0 crank time, voltage check low.   A blank key is 13.25 from Howard Keys.  Check with a local locksmith, maybe they have some "miscut" Ford Jewel keys and will sell you one cheap (they cant use them).

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic