icon

cap or no cap

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mastermindz 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2010 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it is, my amp is a kenwood 9103D, I have my sub wired to the amp with the vc's wired seperatly. So each set of terminals is getting a 4ohm load right? Which would break down into a 2 ohm load right?
Mastermindz
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2010 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

mastermindz wrote:
Yes it is, my amp is a kenwood 9103D, I have my sub wired to the amp with the vc's wired seperatly. So each set of terminals is getting a 4ohm load right? Which would break down into a 2 ohm load right?

4-ohm stereo is what you have wired.  This should be fine.  Is the gain set properly?  What is the ground resistance?

Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2010 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

Guessing by the D in the model number, I am led to believe that it is a 1 channel amp with the 2 sets of terminals.  What you are describing is correct.  4 Ohms to each set of terminals will yield a 2 ohm load on the amp. 

mastermindz 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2010 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have a pioneer deh 2200ub deck that has 2.5 volts output and a clarion eqs746 with up to 7 volts out, so this is where I've had some difficulty settin my gain. The book to my eq says "up to" 7 volts but shows no rms voltages, so how do I set my eq with my amp gains when the input sensitivity is from 5-0 volts on my amp? And as far as Ground resistane, I'm in the process of doing that, I've just been trying to understand how to do it
Mastermindz
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic