icon

viper 350hv, 516t, 508d

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chardc 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
I am having some difficulty getting the 508D to work correctly with the 350HV. When the 508D is connected to the optional sensor port, no warn away or full trigger is happening on the alarm.
Because of such, I had to wire the GREEN and BLUE (508D) to the GREEN and BLUE of the 350HV. Its become a bit of a nuisance since everything that passes by it just goes from warning into full trigger - yes the sensitivity is high, but I would really prefer just the warn away signal. Can anyone help please?
ps. I have the 3button remote and trying to get the 4button.
12Volt ROCK!
ChardC
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
I'll help with the adjustment part. I would need more info to help with the wiring. The green and blue of the Viper??? I think there are probably 3 different wires of each of those colors on a Viper alarm. Be a little more specific.
Turn both dials counterclockwise. Slowly start turning up the warn away zone until it triggers when you wave a hand about a foot or two outside the drivers and passenger windows. Test both sides of the car. After the alarm is triggered 3 times it will not trigger again until an hour passes, or the ignition is turned on and back off again. (Its call Nuisance Prevention Circuity). Test it with both the windows up and down and find a middle point for adjustment.
After you get the warn away where you want it set, you will adjust the full trigger. Put the windows down. Slowly turn the dial clockwise until the alarm goes into full trigger once a hand goes about 6-12" inside the window.
Keep in mind, you want to wait about 30 seconds after you arm the alarm before you start testing the sensors.
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
@JWorm
thanks. on the viper 350HV H1 harness, its pins 5 & 6 which represents:
green (-) door trigger input, zone 3
blue (-) instant trigger input, zone 1
however I noted the optional sensor port on the 350HV and connected the 508D on there, but its does not seem to do anything except for flashing the red and green lights when there is movement, no sounds from the alarm.
I will try the adjustments when I get home in about an hour and a half.
ChardC
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing the sensor port is U/S.
Arm the alarm, look at your alarm side plug on the 508d.
Using a DMM set to low ohms, secure the black probe to ground and apply the red to either the terminal where blue and green joined. This should trip the warn away. That will tell you if the alarm's OK
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2010 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

I tried Auex advice from: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=82984&KW=bsd1

Actually the correct way to wire it would be:

Red- constant power
Black- ground or ground when armed
BLUE AND GREEN- Blue multiplex input.

But no luck - the motion sensor hardly lights... no triggers, nothing.... its time to bang it!!!

ChardC
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2010 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
Part 2 on testing: Connect to the alarm's mux port, be able to access the loom. Sit in the car, strip the red, black, blue and green wires.
Turn on alarm, wait 15 secs. If nothing happens, then with a small 6" piece of wire short the black to either green or blue. This should trigger the alarm. If not we have to assume a faulty mux on the alarm.
If it does DMM red probe to the red on the 508d loom, black probe to the black, make sure you have 12v+.
If above is correct the 508d is faulty, highly unlikely.
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2010 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
@Howie
I will try the bridging and so forth later today. Thanks! Just wanted to post the options for the port I have it connected to so when I troubleshoot later and provide feedback you can probably determine if further diagnostics is required.
Optional Sensor Harness, 4-pin Connector
The four-pin sensor harness is optional, and is not included with this unit.
RED (+) 12V Constant and BLACK (-) Ground
These wires supply constant (+) 12 volts and ground to the optional sensor.
BLUE/GREEN (-) Multiplex Input
These wires are multiplex inputs. If a (-) input of less than 0.8 seconds is supplied to either wire,
the Warn-Away response will occur. A (-) input of longer than 0.8 seconds to either wire will initiate
the triggered sequence and report Zone 4.
ChardC
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2010 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

@ Howie

Quote:

"If nothing happens, then with a small 6" piece of wire short the black to either green or blue. This should trigger the alarm. If not we have to assume a faulty mux on the alarm.
If it does DMM red probe to the red on the 508d loom, black probe to the black, make sure you have 12v+.
If above is correct the 508d is faulty, highly unlikely."

It seems like the port on the alarm is faulty - though it gives +12v and grounds the connection, no triggers.

ChardC
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2010 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys,

I just wired up another shock sensor to the optional sensor port on the 350hv and no triggers or what so ever  (confirmed port issue). I will just wire up the motion sensor the orignial way I did adjust and its sensitivity. Oh, does this mean I cant purchase the other modules like the power up windows and voice module?

ChardC
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2010 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
My first thought would be to change the 350.
If not, you should be able to wire the 508d to the alarm's blue trigger wire. 1N4004 diodes in line before any joins, bands away from the alarm. You should have an orange wire on the 350 which goes to ground when armed (GWA). That's your window close trigger.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic