icon

parking light, indicator wiring, 05 lancer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chardc 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
I have a question, does anyone know how I can wire my indicators instead of my parking lights for the light output when armed and disarmed? I have a Mitsubishi Lancer 2005 and I know the wiring diagram is similar to the Evolution of the same period, but cant I identify the correct wires. I am going to be using the indicators instead - similar to the keyless entry for lock/unlock and alarm triggered light flashing. I am doing this because of the CCFL angel eyes (parking lights wire used to connect them) and would hate for the alarm to damage them due to the alarm.
parking light, indicator wiring, 05 lancer -- posted image.
ChardC
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, wire them as positive light output. If you have a single wire light out put, "Y" branch it off with 2 x 1n5404 diodes, bands away from the alarm. You can pick up the indicator wires at either the hazard switch, steering column loom or driver's floor loom assuming right hand drive.
SHOULD be GREEN/ YELLOW and GREEN/ blue or GREEN/ black BUT check at the rear light fittings.
This is how we do it using indicators outside North America. Every territory outside North America uses amber (or yellow) indicators and separate side or running lights.
I just checked directwire, they are giving different colours for every model!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
In a 2005 lancer again assuming RHD, at the front of the driver fusebox there is a white connector, you can pick them up there!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
@Howie
whoa, lots of wires and lots of wires. I cant seem to locate them. However, I notice that from the right turn signal lamp the wires are black and yellow while the left turn signal lamp is black and green. Does this call for a professional?
ChardC
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
@ T&T tech & Howie
Sorry guys, it is a RHD vehicle. I was successful the first time in locating the parking lights for the light output, but to locate the wire for the indicators.... Using the Viper 350HV it has an onboard relay for +/- output on the white wire for light output so that I have in check.
@ T&T tech
I am at the fusebox, what colour wire and whats the polarity?
ChardC
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
what about the keyless entry module? If I use the keyless entry, the indicator lights would flash for lock/unlock - if I can locate the wires there, maybe I can get the desired output?
ChardC
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
Yes but it may be data or not there, just persevere and find them, if you're not sure go to the rear lamps and trace them back. I've done loads of these, the only Mits that ever gave me grief was an 03 Spacewagon, I own a Galant myself.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2010 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you'll get it from the keyless module! I can't remember the colours at the fusebox! There are only a few wires, test, it really isn't tedious!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  
Just thinking that half the problems on this site are people assuming rather than testing.
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2010 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  

he-he, thats funny. I dont want to be assuming anything in my car - this can be a risk.... so testing, testing, testing - it is.

ChardC
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic