icon

viper 5701, 2004 kia sorento

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
charlie9469 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I just bought the Viper 5701 and i am about to install it into a 2004 kia Sorento. If any of you have any advice or tips please let me know. My sorento has a manual transmission and i am trying to put the remote start. I read it is possible with the Viper 5701. Thanks before hand. Any advices or tips will be greatly appreciated.
charlie9469 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2010 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hello again...if any of you are familiar with the viper 5701 on a kia sorento can you please tell me what cables do i really need and which ones i dont? thanks.... advice and tips are welcome!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

time to pull up a wiring guide and the wire guide for the unit. match the wires you need from the car wires to the unit wires.

That will help you eliminate wires you dont need. Pull out a DMM (multi meter) and start testing wires to see if they are correct.
Connect and solder all wires.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
charlie9469 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
Tedmond....Thanks for your tips I just got a tech sheet for the sorento i hope this would do it... Thanks
charlie9469 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I got to install the viper 5701 in my sorento and everything seems to be working ok except the remote start and the trunk/ hatch release. I gave up on the remote start...but if anyone knows how to install it on a sorento (manual transmission) please give me some tips. Now i really would like to use the trunk release feature. I connected the red with white wire from the H1 (which is the trunk/hatch release wire) into a red with orange wire in the ETACS 14PIN PLUG,PIN 3 (which is below the radio) which is according to a tech sheet is the TRUNK/HATCH RELEASE wire for the sorento. This wire has a negative polarity. The release trunk/hatch feature is not working even though i connected these wires. If anyone knows if i need to connect something else to get the trunk/hatch release feature working please let me know. Thank you
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tested the wire to verify? Also have you made the remote start connections? If so, what happens when you try to remote start?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
charlie9469 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech,
I did connect the remote start and when i try to turn it on the remote gives me an error beeb and the parking lights flash 7 times. According to the diagnostics that means " Manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized. Ok let me tell you how I connected the remote start. You tell me if i did something wrong or if i need something. First the neutral switch grounded it to the chassis. Second.. on the " Heavy Gauge, 10-pin connector (H3) I did the following connections.
1.pink (Ignition 1 input/output) = to the yellow cable on the ignition harness
2. RED / white (+) 30a fused ignitio 2/flex relay pin 87 input = I did not use the sorento does not have a 2nd ignition
3.Orange (Accessory output)= Did not use
4. Violet ( Stater output) = Connected to the red starter wire (+) on the ignition harness
5. Green (Stater input) = Did not use i have no idea where this goes, the tech sheet only gives me 1 stater wire in the sorento which is the red one.
6. Red (30 amp fused Ignition 1 relay input)= Did not use have no idea where it goes
7. Ping/white ( Ignition 2 flex relay output) = Did not use have no idea where it goes
8.Pink/black (87a of Ignition 2/flex relay) = Did not use have no idea where it goes
9. RED / Black (30a fused accessory/starter relay input) Did not use have no idea where it goes.
That is what i connected.. I did connect the tachometer wire and i was able to learn the tach signal. I also connected the brake wire and the hood pin. I am new at this so any help will be gladly appreciated.
On the Trunk release issue that RED / orange cable goes all the way to the door button that releases the trunk hatch. However in that button there are 3 more wires. 1 black and 2 red ones and the RED / orange wire.
Thanks and i hope you can help me out.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Your red,RED / white,and RED / black all need to go to constant 12 volts which are your green and blue wires at the ignition switch.  Viper orange needs to connect to vehicle orange and viper pink/white needs to connect to vehicle white.  If you want starter kill you have to cut the vehicle starter wire and connect green to key side and purple to vehicle side.  You can omit the pink/black as it does not apply to your situation.  Do test the vehicle wires before connection to verify function.  Bulldog lists the trunk pop as needing a relay.  It also lists that wire in the driver kick panel.  Once you get these wires connected, you have to perform the shutdown sequence in order to get it to remote start.  If you do not have the full manual for the 5701 it is available in the downloads section of this site.
Advanced
charlie9469 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
dasbogie,
I connected everything like you said for the remote start and it still does not work. :( It gives me an error beeb on the 2-way controller followed by the seven flashes of the parking lights.I tried the shutdown process still no success! Any more hints are appreciated. Thanks!
One more thing.... for the neutral switch in the installation guide it says that i can be grounded for automatic transmission and for manual ones you can put it in the hand brake/emergency brake. I have a manual transmission and i grounded the neutral switch. Do you think i have to connected to the emergency/hand brake? Do you think that can be a factor?
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2010 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
you could try the sequence again starting with the nss to off position.  in the sequence when it calls for parking brake, you could just flip the switch to on.  is your door trigger wire connected?
Advanced
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic