icon

2010 Ford Transit Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Has anybody done a Ford Transit 2010 yet?  I have gotten conflicting wiring diags but i have found that the front two doors are inverted ground (door open is open circuit/door closed goes to ground) and the same with the back door but the side cargo doors are the standard door open goes to ground. The problem is I can't find unlock wire (lock is BLACK/ lt green @ GEM module)and a diagram to combine floating door pin circuits together without feedback. Also bypass kit for PATS module. HELP!

thetopinstaller
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2010 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

Haven't done one yet but, here is info from Bulldog:  

PART                       COLOR                          LOCATION  DIAGRAM

12 VOLT CONSTANT           RED (+) 20AMP             @ IGNITION SWITCH (BLACK, 7-PIN PLUG) PIN 4    
 STARTER                             GRAY/BLACK (+)            @ IGNITION SWITCH (BLACK, 7-PIN PLUG) PIN7    
 STARTER 2                         N/A     
 IGNITION 1                      GREEN/ YELLOW (+)          @ IGNITION SWITCH (BLACK, 7-PIN PLUG) PIN 1  
 IGNITION 2                        N/A      
 IGNITION 3                        N/A       
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1    YELLOW (+)             @ IGNITION SWITCH (BLACK, 7-PIN PLUG) PIN 6    
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2     N/A       
 KEYSENSE                                       N/A       
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - )                   N/A       
 PARKING LIGHTS ( + )          ORANGE / YELLOW (+)         @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH, (BLACK 16-PIN PLUG) PIN 13    
 POWER LOCK                        BLACK/ ORANGE (-) TYPE B   in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (GREEN 20-Pin Plug) Pin 12 or GEM,
                                                      (GREEN 23-Pin Plug) Pin 10, Note #1    
 POWER UNLOCK                 BLACK/ GREEN (-) TYPE B    in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, Harness to Rear of Vehicle or GEM,
                                                      (GRAY 23-Pin Plug) Pin 11, Note #1    
 LOCK MOTOR WIRE            YELLOW/BLACK (+) (5-wire type)   in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, GREEN 20-Pin Plug) Pin 1
                                                       or GEM, (BLUE 23-Pin Plug) Pin 1, Note #1    
 DOOR TRIGGER                   BLACK / YELLOW (-)          in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (WHITE 20-Pin Plug) Pin 18 or
                                                       GEM, (GRAY 23-Pin Plug) Pin 18, Note #1    
 DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION      BLACK/ BLUE (-)            @ GEM, (GRAY 23-Pin Plug) Pin 21, Note #1    
 TRUNK RELEASE                   WHITE/ GREEN (+) (Rear Door Unlock)   @ GEM, (GREEN 23-Pin Plug) Pin 5, Note #1    
 SLIDING POWER                    WHITE/ BLACK (5-WIRE TYPE) (SLIDING Door UNLOCK Motor wire)   in DRIVERS KICK PANEL,
                                                      (WHITE 20-Pin Plug) Pin 20 or GEM, (BLUE 23-Pin Plug) Pin 4, Note #1    
 HORN                                        BLACK/ BLUE (-)            @ HORN SWITCH or GEM. (BROWN 23-Pin Plug) Pin 15, Note #1    
 TACH                                        Any wire NOT BLUE (AC)    @ Any FUEL INJECTOR    
 WAIT TO START LIGHT        N/A       
 BRAKE                                    GREEN / WHITE or GREEN/ RED (+) TEST with IGNITION ON!   @ BRAKE SWITCH or in DRIVERS KICK
                                                                                                                                                                 PANEL, (WHITE 20-Pin Plug) Pin 8    
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM            N/A       
 ANTI-THEFT  NO INFO AT THIS TIME !!       

Note #1: the GEM (Generic Electronic Module) is located under the Drivers Dash, behind the
DASH FUSE BOX.

Do you need individual door triggers?  Bulldog lists one door trigger, BLACK / YELLOW (-) at the GEM module.

As far as a bypass, DEI, Fortin, and iDatalink all list modules for this van.  Looks like standard PATS3, not 80 bit.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2010 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
This seems to be slightly different to the UK version which we've had fro about 5-6 years:-
GEM box:
Lock BLACK/ orange -
Unlock front doors BLACK/ green -
Unlock rear test for motor wire, yellow? and use relay interrupt (5 wire)
deadlock, again find separate motor wire and again relay interrupt (5 wire) for 4 seconds. All door contact trigger, BLACK/ blue (one of three) in driver's floor loom (might be passenger for yours). This is ground when opened, hood switch is N/C. If the door triggers have changed to N/c as other Fords (and it's UK big brother), use DEI DTIMazda part.
Nor sure what bypass XK04? but ign should be GREEN/ YELLOW, starter grey/black and acc yellow.
I've just looked at directwire for this, all my colours are correct except for the door triggers, but they are still normal, i.e. go neg when door is opened, all at GEM box. P.S. pm me with your email address and I'll send the directwire back to you.
PPS That GEM box is a PITA to get at on UK versions, I snatch the whole board out!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2010 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry Kreg, you replied as I was writing this, my version is from memory, directwire gives separate door triggers, never had this on the UK version. Our fuse box and separate Gem boxes are on left hand side behind glove box, your version might be the combined fuse and GEM box which we have on the Focus and Mondeo. Not sure where yours is made, I believe ours comes from Turkey or the UK.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2010 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

You can use this as a cross referance for the wiring and location.

http://www.wiringinstructions.com/v2/wiresprint.asp?recnum=10077&printsubmit=PRINT

Info is from OMEGA.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2010 at 3:30 AM / IP Logged  
On the UK models which are all light vans,the BLACK/ blue suffices as "all door Trigger" as well as dome supervision, although I don't think it's required if unlocking the doors brings on the dome light, also to deadlock, use an aux to come on with the alarm for a 4 second timed output, the feed this to a relay as "5 wire" to the yellow wire from the GEM box. The yellow is the deadlock motor wire.
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2010 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
OK guys, with some help I figured out the problem! I could not get the lock wires to work- because there are two (2) BLACK/ orange wires in the same plug and you cant read any pin numbers unless you have a microscope. Also you can use the BLACK/ blue for door trigger but that is the dome light wire which has a delay and other issues. I wanted to go directly to the door pins for better results. Thanks for all responses and help!!
thetopinstaller
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2010 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
The answer to the first part, that's why I underline my posts to comment on testing, the answer to your second comment is you were given or offered the answers about door triggers, so please if you are going to ask questions at least use the answers!
I've been doing these Connects for about 4 years and I worked it all out myself.
zbo2 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

my boss just got me this vehicle ( 2010 transit connect) and i have to install the remote start - security system hopefully you can answer a quick question. i'm a little confused with what i am reading in regards to the door locks. i see that you can access the door locks at the GEM module and they look like you just need to pulse them with a negative for the lock and unlock...........them i'm reading what looks like that might only control the 2 front doors and not the sliders and the rear door and that you have to go into the ds kick to hook up the reversing current relays. can you shead any light on this? other than that it looks like a pretty straight forward install.

thanks for your help!

Joe

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
The answer is still the same, TEST!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic