icon

2010 Ford Transit Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
Zbo2 I owe you an explanation if not an apology for our some what heated PM exchanges!
As far as I can work out the BLACK/ green and BLACK/ orange wires will give you lock and unlock via a neg pulse from your alarm-R/S.
In the European version, unlock will only do the front two doors therefore we have to "5 wire" the side/rear as a second unlock which is how the factory fob does it anyway for cargo area security.
That's why Kreg's list gives you extra locking options.
My comment about testing was related to the fact that
A) many of the wires have the same colours but with different functions.
B) It's almost impossible to read the pin numbers.
All the wiring you're referring to is at the GEM box.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Zbo2 I owe you an explanation if not an apology for our some what heated PM exchanges!
As far as I can work out the BLACK/ green and BLACK/ orange wires will give you lock and unlock via a neg pulse from your alarm-R/S.
In the European version, unlock will only do the front two doors therefore we have to "5 wire" the side/rear as a second unlock which is how the factory fob does it anyway for cargo area security.
That's why Kreg's list gives you extra locking options.
My comment about testing was related to the fact that
A) many of the wires have the same colours but with different functions.
B) It's almost impossible to read the pin numbers.
All the wiring you're referring to is at the GEM box.

I had it easy when I became an ASTROSTART dealer.... their tech info included on most cars, up to 20 pictures..... I STILL tested every sigle wire.......

zbo2 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll....................thanks for that info.....the European version is what was messin with my old mind, i'm sure when i get the vehicle in my garage i'll figure it out for sure.   remember it's all fun and games as long as nobody gets hurt.....lol
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2010 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
zbo2. The funny thing with that, I've done a Mkl US Focus (about year 2000) and everything was in the same place.
Although the interior of the UK 2010 is new I'll bet that all they've done at most is integrate the fuse and GEM boxes similar to 05 (UK) Focus.
In the worst case I've got Directwire info for it so no problems if you need it.
What makes me worry less is that all the wire colours posted by Kreg
appear to be the same.
quadforce david 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished my first 2010 Ford Transit connect. I found some things that are different from the wiring colors and polarities in this thread. For instance, the rear door trigger was BLACK/ red and a + trigger not a negative, located in the gray connector on the GEM module. The driver front door was BLACK / YELLOW as stated but also a positive not a negative. The passenger front door was BLACK/ blue as stated, but a positive trigger as well.(there are two BLACK/ blue wires of the same gauge in the harness, one is surveillance the other it the pass front pin) be sure to check these before making the connection. The two sliding doors were BLACK/ white and were in fact a negative trigger. Both pins are accessible from this one connection. Diode isolate the three positive trigger door pins and you should be good to go.
I also found that the door lock (BLACK/ orange) was in the gray connector on the GEM module, not the green. I connected to the battery directly for power, just a precaution, I don't trust 12v feeds in the ignition harness anymore. This vehicle will fall completely asleep after a 12 day period of no activity. The customer may need to know that if the dealer didn't tell them.
I found this thread to be helpful, hopefully it is more so now.
Thanks in advance, David
Tech from 85 - 02 for two large companies in Dallas TX | Sales from 02 - 09 |Distributor sales from 09 - present.
Typically the best installers are salesmen and the best salesmen were installers.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2011 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
David, thanks.
quadforce david 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2011 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, forgot to mention that the rear door unlock was a two stage process. The system I used didn't have a two stage door lock feature, just a simple reverse polarity output. I used a relay on the output that switched to negative upon disarming the alarm. Pin 86 & 87 went to 12v. Pin 85 went to the alarm output (negative at unlock) and pin 30 went to the WHITE/ green wire in the green connector on the GEM module.
Make sure you test before you make permanent connections.
Thanks
Tech from 85 - 02 for two large companies in Dallas TX | Sales from 02 - 09 |Distributor sales from 09 - present.
Typically the best installers are salesmen and the best salesmen were installers.
quadforce david 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
David, thanks.
No problem, I will try to pay back what I learned in here today.
Thank you!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2011 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
Which is exactly what I posted back in August of last year2010 Ford Transit Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
quadforce david 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2011 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Which is exactly what I posted back in August of last year2010 Ford Transit Alarm/Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
I didn't mean to make you mad... LOL
I couldn't find anything in your posts that resembled my EXACT detailed information.
Sorry for posting in your thread.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic