icon

2010 Ford Transit Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2011 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
Don't worry about making me mad, helpful, competent people don't make me mad just the ignorant morons who think they know it all and don't listen.
I didn't give colours for two reasons and this often applies to Euro Fords such as the Connect, Focus/Mazda 5/Volvo V50 and LandRover Freelander, Fiesta/Mazda 3.
1) The above vary from Europe to the USA on certain wire colours and functions, also remember I'm working from right hand drive cars.
2) It's been a few years since I worked on one, all I seem to be doing on current Fords are trackers.
I did give the rough positions, how to test which is probably obvious to you and the fact that the Connects in the UK are all cargo vehicles with separate unlock on side and rear and deadlock.
quadforce david 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

Understood.

I will make sure that if I post wire colors that I also include the information that pertains to the origin of vehicles manufacture location.

Thank you for communitcating, obviously I'm the "new guy" and I don't really want to step on any toes.

Have a good day.

Tech from 85 - 02 for two large companies in Dallas TX | Sales from 02 - 09 |Distributor sales from 09 - present.
Typically the best installers are salesmen and the best salesmen were installers.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
Don't worry you haven't, your advice is good and well intentioned and I apologise for my surreal sense of humour.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Actually David don't worry about where made, that's a hairball; 95% of your replies are going to North America. Since I'm in the minority I'll specify.
Ref the Transit Connect (we've had a larger version called the Transit for 40 years so I have to differentiate), the lock motor wires are WHITE/ black, white, yellow/black, yellow and one more for deadlock (3 seconds pulse). I can't for the life of me remember which is which which is why we test.
As regards different markets, could you imagine a Focus RS with a Volvo T5 engine eating up Corvettes etc. in the US? (And that one is a right PITA to get round the ignition for an R/S).
Or just go to Honda UK and see how different our Civic is, especially the interior though the electrics are identical.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic