icon

viper 5701, 2006 toyota corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ezrollin 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have a viper 5701 alarm system and I'm trying to hook it up to a 2006 Toyota Corolla ZZ S.
If my security alarm/remote start unit has a pink wire labeled "H3/1 Ignition1 (+) output(which is also ignition sense input)
and another pink wire which is the Remote Start (RS) (-) negative 200mA output.
Do I hook BOTH of those 2 wires up to my ignition wire on my car? (Its the BLACK/ white wire.) I'm confused about the polarity/input/output difference.
My car's Ignition:
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/Images.asp?ImageID=899&link=Bulldog
My Viper's wiring diagram:
viper 5701, 2006 toyota corolla -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

Do not connect the positive and the negative wires together.  

I can only guess that the 200MA -output is the Ground While Running wire.  This wire shows ground when the vehicle is under a remote start scenario.  Do not connect this wire to any positive wire.

ezrollin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
that makes perfect sense.
so positive on the viper can only connect to positive on the car
and negative on the viper can only go to negative on the car
what about the input vs output?
is it the same way?
THANKS ALOT!!
my newborn baby really needs this remote start so that she is not freezing in the winter and burning up in the summer!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
I do not know what you are asking about input/output, but I can tell you that if it is labeled output, it is a signal that comes out of the unit.  If it is rated at 200MA, you will need to connect this wire to the coil wire of a relay.  If it is a negative output, you will need to supply the other coil connection with power.  If it is labeled input, this is a wire looking for an output from the vehicle.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
viper 5701, 2006 toyota corolla -- posted image. Battery BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
viper 5701, 2006 toyota corolla -- posted image. Ignition 1 BLACK/ WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
viper 5701, 2006 toyota corolla -- posted image. Ignition 2 BLACK / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
viper 5701, 2006 toyota corolla -- posted image. Accessory 1 BLUE/RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
viper 5701, 2006 toyota corolla -- posted image. Starter 1 RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

The above wiring info is from the Audiovox web site. This site also has wiring info as well aas www.bulldogsecurity.com.  These wires are where your Heavy Gauge harness will be connected to.

You should be testing and verifing each wire with a DMM before making any connections. 

12 volt constant on Corolla  to the H3/2, H3/6, and H3/9 wires.  You can also connect the H1/2 Wire here as well  as the power for your bypass module if needed.

Ignition 1 on Corolla to the H3/1 wire

Ignition 2 on Corolla to the H3/7 wire

Accessory 1 on Corolla to the H3/3 wire

Starter wire on Corolla will be cut.  The H3/4 (Violet) will connect to the Starter Side of this cut wire. The H3/5 (Green) will connect to the Key Side of this wire.

What brand of bypass will you be using?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
ezrollin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
I do not know what you are asking about input/output, but I can tell you that if it is labeled output, it is a signal that comes out of the unit. If it is rated at 200MA, you will need to connect this wire to the coil wire of a relay. If it is a negative output, you will need to supply the other coil connection with power. If it is labeled input, this is a wire looking for an output from the vehicle.
Sorry sir I dont know what I was saying? It was late.
I completely agree with what you have said this whole time.
Battery    BLACK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 1           BLACK/ WHITE        IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 2           BLACK / YELLOW     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 1      BLUE/RED IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 1   RED       IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
The above wiring info is from the Audiovox web site. This site also has wiring info as well as bulldogsecurity.com
These wires are where your Heavy Gauge harness will be connected to.
    ***^^^sorry, had trouble with the HTML code^^^***
I dont know about this info? Seems sketchy... It seems like this info is for a different unit? An audio unit(like you said)?
For instance, look at the #1 wire (the black one). When has a Black wire ever gone to a + source? I dont think there is a 12v+ black wire on my car and I know for sure there is not a solid black 12v+ wire on my viper unit. On the viper unit there is h1/5 but its the chassis ground wire.    Sorry it looked cool at first cause it said I could hook ALL those wires up to that Ignition + wire but I realize now that this doesnt help me.. I dont know what I was supposed to get out of it?   
smokeman1 wrote:

You should be testing and verifing each wire with a DMM before making any connections.

12 volt constant on Corolla to the H3/2, H3/6, and H3/9 wires. You can also connect the H1/2 Wire here as well as the power for your bypass module if needed.

Ignition 1 on Corolla to the H3/1 wire

Ignition 2 on Corolla to the H3/7 wire

Accessory 1 on Corolla to the H3/3 wire

Starter wire on Corolla will be cut. The H3/4 (Violet) will connect to the Starter Side of this cut wire. The H3/5 (Green) will connect to the Key Side of this wire.

What brand of bypass will you be using?

This seems like great information that can really help me!
(It dumbs it down alot) I wasnt understanding the key side/car side issue but now I do!!! :)
What is this bypass module you speak of? Is it to bypass a previously installed alarm? This car didnt come with an alarm but it has keyless remote entry. If the bypass is not for bypassing the alarm, can you direct me to compatible systems?   THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH I've learned more here than anywhere!
ezrollin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
oh ya, am I misunderstanding or can I say that the full harnesses for H2 and RS OUT are optional and dont have to be hooked up? Thanks again!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

ezrollin,

You are either smokin' some wild stuff or you're just pulling our legs....Good Luck with your install.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
ezrollin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
no sir i dont smoke and am not trying to pull your leg.
I guess I'm just bad at this stuff because I've never done it before.
ezrollin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
no sir i dont smoke and am not trying to pull your leg.
I guess I'm just bad at this stuff because I've never done it before.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic