icon

2004 bmw x3 lock/ unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rksterling 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2010 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
2004 bmw x3 lock/ unlock - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2010 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
The diagramme is essentially the same except where it says BROWN / yellow going to blue/red, our (R/Hand/Drive) version doesn't have the BROWN / yellow.
From the left on the driver's door you have the first three as motor and deadlock wires,
BROWN / yellow/blue red for unlock trigger,
WHITE/ black for lock trigger
and BROWN / grey with yellow dots as dome light trigger.
rksterling 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2010 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

Spent several hours testing and found that the BROWN / grey with yellow dots works as dome light trigger when grounded. 

The Blue/Red #22 wire & WHITE/ Black #20 wire do not trigger locks at all when each grounded seperately.  When  these two wires were disconnected from the BCM the remote still activates the locks and unlocks them as well.

I disconnected the three wires shown in the diagram attached to the motors one by one.  The blue wire #51 when removed from BCM resulted  in no response on  1st unlock pulse from remote, but unlocked all passenger doors on 2nd pulse. Locked all passenger doors when remote pushed once as normal

With White #13 disconnected the results were the same as with blue wire #51 disconnected.  Upon reconnecting this wire all windows closed

Disconnecting Black wire #32 had no effect on locks the opreated as normal and on reconnection the 1st time windows closed.  They didn't close when retried.

Looking at the Fortin site they recommed using two relays in which each hits both the unlock wire and lock wire at almost the same time.  Tried it with the diodes recommended and it didn't work..  I read some where that Fortin is not correct.

Even more frustrated, but not willing to quit yet!!!!!!

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2010 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
All this amazes me, I've never had any problems with these, I'm going out to do one shortly.
N.B. That Fortin diagramme refers to the E36, hold it for more than 3 seconds to get deadlock.
rksterling 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

I am convinced they changed something up on these north american x3's.  I have held each of these wires for more than 3 seconds.  And I also found that the trunk release works by grounding the grey / YELLOW pin #44.

I am going to try looking at all the wires shown on the diagram for the passenger door.  Different pin #'s but same colors.  The colors on this vehicle are using the alternate colors shown in brackets.  They have done some other alternate stuff by the looks of it.

If the oem remote works there has to be a way to do it with the wiring2004 bmw x3 lock/ unlock - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

rksterling 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2010 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  

If both the blue/red and the WHITE/ black wires are shown in the above diagram as going to ground through a brown wire, would it require a hot to trigger the switch leg shown?

I know that doesn't make sense when I ground out the BROWN / grey / YELLOW the courtesy lights come on as you mentioned they should, but again the other two wires do nothing.  If I disconnect them from the BCM can I try a fused positive voltage through those lines of do i go into a door and try to sort it out there?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2010 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry about this but I did another today, E46 Cab and everything was fine. No; if you look at the diagramme, the lock/unlock triggers go to ground, all you would do with a hot feed is blow the fuse! Holding ground to the door light trigger will probably stop the locks from working.
Use the + RED / blue at the puddle lamps for your all door trigger.
You will probably need a dome light delay setting.
rksterling 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2010 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

Talked to a shop that installs a different brand and they had no information on the 04 but on the DEI site they found that the 07 BMW X3 states that with Canadian Cars the locks are not possible as there is a module inside the door that controls the locks.  I wonder if this applies to the 04 as well???

When you say puddle lamps are you talking about fog light switch which is located with the headlamp switch?  This is feed with a ribbon cable.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2010 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
The changeover for the electrics was 05.
good guess but puddle lamps are the lower dome lights illuminating the foot wells.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic