07 civic si where to find arm/disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Nice picture.  That connector at the top is where you can get your door triggers.  Diode isolate

I used to work at a Honda dealership installing. My memory isnt too good, but im pretty sure I used to get the door trigger somewhere below the fusebox. I think its a white connecter (pink wire).  Its close to the wires that go into the door. It was only 1 wire, and didnt need to diode isolate. Ive installed so many alarms and/or remote starters on Hondas....I dont even need a wiring diagram for them. lol Im not doubting you....just throwing that out there.

Edit- Just looked it up. I think its the domelight supervision that I would tap into. I would just use the door trigger wire from the alarm to connect to it tho.

kirkoy 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
does the ( -)trunk pin blue wire in the 42 pin connector is to be tapped to the (-)trunk unlock WHITE/ violet wire on the cm3000 brain? tnx
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

dont use the domelight wire. i tried it and it didnt do much but fault all the time.

run the wires for the individual door triggers and diode isolate them all. very easy to get to.

on that note, the KOA (key override all) do not try to program it more than 2 times. if you do the bypass will lock up and you wil be SOL. the blue wire from the 6pin harness will go to the compustars ground when running forgot the colour off the top of my head. think its light blue or black.

looking at the picture you took, the connector above the ones covered in grey will have your door triggers, including trunk. from the far right, you will see a red wire, and above is blue. 4 pins to the left of the red wire is the driver door trigger, and above that wire is the passenger left rear door. Next to the driver door trigger (or 5 pinds left of the red wire) is the trunk pin. 

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  
DISCLAIMER!! Kreg 357 is not me writing under another name, especially the two posts about dome light shut down with locking and trying the R/S with the key in the ignition. Lord any one would think Ted and t&t were my family!
Don't use the dome light, there's a 3-4 second delay after locking, it will give you error chirps on for instance Viper product.
I had an 05 R Type grey import from Japan with lots of rubbish wiring and I couldn't access door and trunk triggers at that fusebox. I popped the inst. gauge 2 seconds and went straight to the switched ground side of the door and trunk open indicator lights. Much better.
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  

Im not going to argue, but im pretty sure (not 100% confident) that I used the domelight supervision wire without a problem. I used Audiovox, DEI, Omega...etc. alarms. I worked at one of the busiest dealerships in the country, so ive installed alot of these alarms. (I know that doesnt mean I know how to install) I never had someone come back to me about the alarm tripping. Maybe Honda's wiring is different in other countries? Who knows. Im going to look through some of my install pictures....maybe I took pics of a Civic ive done in the past.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged  
I've noticed that with most instances where the dome light turns off with locking, BMW, VW Golf/Jetta etc. there are no problems.
With one alarm brand (a UK make sourced from the same place that builds DEI product), 3 sec delay i.e fade rather than instant shutdown will cause problems. Genuine Clifford, i.e. G5 waits 5 seconds and therefore isn't affected. It just depends on the make of alarm and how the alarm manufacturer sets up the door trigger zone in timed delay before activation and sensitivity.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 4:40 AM / IP Logged  
Reply to Kirkoy..connect the trunk trigger blue to the trunk release white violet and say goodbye to your alarm's brain.
RTFM the blue is trunk trigger, i.e. tells the alarm the trunk's been opened, the other either directly or through a relay releases the trunk lid.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  

From my side of the pond, looking at that fuse box and comparing to a 07 civic looks basically the same as  what i encounter (just on the wrong side) lol, i take my door trigger and trunk trigger from thr front of the fuse panel (no diode isolation required, indicators taken from front of fusebox also positive trigger diode isolated,  locks i interrupt the motor wires leading in to driver door and five wire them, as the wires are easy to access they're directly facing me when you look at the connector leading into the door,  to pull down that fuse box and manouver those harnesses to access those trigger wires are just painful, lol just lazy i guess. 07 civic si where to find arm/disarm - Page 2 -- posted image.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
5 wire t&t? On the ones I'm most familiar with, 2000-05, you could pick up the neg pulse lock/unlocks either in a plug at the diver's kick panel OR the fusebox.
simplyfalling 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
The 2007 is different that those Howie, but just as simple (maybe with a little less room to work).  Lock, arm, unlock and disarm can all be had at the wire harness that comes in from the door,if your good with a soldering iron and a meter it will take all of ten minutes to test each one and make your connections.   No need to five wire anything, single pulses on each of those wires will provide the desired result.  The door triggers are at that fusebox/micu, but short of pulling all the connectors apart you might as well just run a wire across the car and grab the passenger door trigger at the kick or sill plate, heck go right to the switch if you want.  Drivers door trigger can be had in the drivers sill or kickpanel as well.  There is no reason these cars cant have a full alarm, stealthed and everything in under three hours. 
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic