the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 civic si where to find arm/disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
i think t&t mentioned 5wire for driver door priority unlock.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Actually he didn't though I've seen him post replies on that topic before.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

And the best advice for this car was from an earlier post.  KarTuneMan passed on this tip.

Use the (-) low current Parking Light wire ( Gray ) in the steering column at the switch.  The (+) Red Parking Light wire can be hazardous as there are two Red wires in the same area that test the same but if you choose poorly, it will destroy the Blue lights on the instrument cluster...

Soldering is fun!
kirkoy 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2010 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
on the unlock grey wire on the white harness, will these unlock all my doors once i click the number 1 button on the compustar? maybe that's why it's not unlocking cuz on the key fob i have to press the unlock button twice to unlock all the doors. my parking lights is not working to. I did connect the wire on the switch and the one on the 42 pin connector. one more thing my brain starts to tick and off when I press the brake. and I try to disconnect the brake wire on the switch no more ticking but it still ticks from time to time. do you think the brain is broken?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2010 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  

if you get the unlock wire, it will unlock all doors at once.

and as kreg mentioned use the negative parking lights.

Ted
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2010 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

The Red Parking light wire is (+) and the Gray Parking Light wire (-).  Connect to only one.  The Gray (-) Parking Light wire is easy to locate and verify with a DMM.  You didn't mention which compustar you have but the newer CM5x00 and CM6x00 that I am familiar with have a (+) and a seperate (-) Parking Light output, both GREEN / WHITE but on different connectors.

Re - the brake wire and brain clicking.  Double check your ground connection.  On your car with a manual transmission, aside from the standard (+) Brake Pedal wire, you must connect the Parking ( Hand ) Brake wire.  This can be found in the White Plug on the right side of the steering column.  It should be a very Light Blue (-) wire.

Compustars will click when going into reservation mode...

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Posted: October 01, 2010 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

yank the cluster out to get the ebrake wire. its VERY easy to get the trim off.

refer to these pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30215&id=1682400032&l=9b207b5892
its pretty much me installing it for my best friend and i pretty much dismantled the entire inside.
Ted
Compustar Expert
kirkoy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2010 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2w900fm compustar. with cm3000 brain. here's the link of the diagram. I got GREEN / WHITE + parking out on cn1 and GREEN / WHITE - parking out on cn2. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=cm3000
kreg357 
Posted: October 01, 2010 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Only connect the (-) Parking Light GREEN / WHITE wire from CN2 to the Civics' Gray (-) Parking Light wire at the light switch connector in the steering column.  Tape up and secure the CM3000s' (+) Parking Light wire on CN1 - it won't be used.
Soldering is fun!
kirkoy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2010 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok I got the car remote start running now, but can't get to unlock it. I connect the unlock - blue wire from the cm3000 to the - grey wire unlock on the car. can anyone pinpoint me the micu34 pin plug. I think that's my last resort to find the unlck wire. and does the reservation mode goes on evrytime you exit the car?
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic