icon

viper 5701, yukon, buick

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steve k 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Kreg is scary....... my sister has an alarm alredy ......but no remote start. The buick took 2 days but I can say its done ok, all solder connections etc neat job. Anyway car alarms are a nightmare, thank God is almost over. viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image., and double happy none of the cars went up in smoke LOL. It did pass from my mind couple of times BOOM and smoke, viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
yukon 2001
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged  

On page 13 of the Owners manual it will explain how to change from car One to car Two.

Once it is set to the car you want,(I assume car Two), go to the Install manual to, Page 56 and 57, to program the remote to the car. 

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks smokeman1, one more qestion .The 5701 has a feature that I would like to use, The automatic window closing, cant i wire directly to the Viper or do i need a module ?
yukon 2001
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

This is from page 68 of the install manual:

Note: Comfort closure can only be used on cars that have the capability of closing the windows (and on some cars the sunroof as well) with the key cylinder in the door.

I put two 530t modules in my 2000 Taurus. They were a lot of work and I only went to the drivers door and the rest of the wires I took in the drivers door sill.  I put the modules under the center arm rest. Having to extend all of the wires, wire loom, extending a power source, and two Aux wires.  Set mine up so Aux 1 is the front windows and Aux 2 is the rear windows. All four windows go up when armed/locked. Cool, but a lot of work.

steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2010 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks smokeman1 , why you cant just hookup a relay directly on the window switch and assimilate pressing the window switch ?
yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
why not ?
yukon 2001
smokeman1 
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know. I suppose you could with a couple or number of relays, but a 530t is already wires for all that. Could be an interesting experiment.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic