the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5701, yukon, buick

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

On some GM vehicles, the best +12v constant source is the battery.  Get a small roll of 12 gauge stranded "primary wire" and solder a length to the remote starter power wire.  Might have to run more than one.  Protect from heat, vibration and chaffing enroute the battery.

For the Tach signal, you could also go to a Fuel Injector.  Connect to the "non-common" color wire.  ( Each FI will have two wires. Look at several FI's and you will see that they all share one "same color" wire and each will have a unique color wire. Connect to the most convenient "unique" color. )

Soldering is fun!
steve k 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

Kreg thanks for your help, got everything working except the remote start.

The buick has a key with a code, the remote start works only if I have the key pluged in. Its one of those $ 50 keys that they put in some kind of code, any ideas ? again buddy this would be impossible without your help.

yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 3 -- posted image.
yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
The kit works, but since it has that special key it stops the remote start. Help please :)
yukon 2001
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

The DLPKGM should be able to bypass your 2002 Buicks' PK3 system.  Are you running in D2D mode?  Did the module program correctly? 

Soldering is fun!
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
yes the jumpers in the 5701 were set to external D2D
yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Kregggggggggg done the second alarm is finished ........viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 3 -- posted image.

I not only want to thank you again and again for your help, but I consider you my friend by now :) This installation would be nearly impossible without this forum and your help. Thanks again. BTW the problem was I was turning the key too fast and the module didnot have a change to read.

Thanks kreg !!!!!

yukon 2001
kreg357 
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

Does the module control the parking lights and door loc/unlock?  Or did you connect the 5701 directly to the car for those items?

I would try reprogramming it and verify the LED responses were correct.  Last try would be switching to  W2W mode.

Soldering is fun!
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm controlls parking lights etc, the trunk doenot open but I think I am doing something wrong with the remote, theres one more thing left kreg, how do i program 2 cars with one remote? I have the bitwriter but dont know how to go about doing that. Thanks.
yukon 2001
kreg357 
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

Another job well done!  Congratulations!  viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 3 -- posted image.   Now all the relatives will be wanting one for Christmas.

The DLPKGM module can't do the trunk.  You have to go directly from the 5701 to the car for that.

TRUNK RELEASE    WHITE/ BLACK (-)      @ BCM, GRAY Plug, Pin 16      It's a (-) trigger so wire and set the Viper accordingly.

Vipers are not my forte.  Hopefully a Viper expert can jump in with the two car / same remote programming for you.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic