icon

viper 5701, yukon, buick

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steve k 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
I shuld fly thrue the Buick LOL 2 weeks it shuld be done hehe.viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 2 -- posted image. Car alarms not as easy as I thought :) I was wayyyyyy off.
yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2010 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg I connected the warn away module 508D "the one in a clear plastic" but it dosnot do the small beeps. The 2 black wires in the siren, do I cut those ? Thanks.
yukon 2001
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2010 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, can't help with the 508d, I never use them.  There are many experts on this site that do, so hopefully they will jump in and assist.
Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2010 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

I install a 508d on my Viper 5701 for my work van and ended up disconnecting it as it was very touchy to adjust and would give the warn away when cars would drive by it parked on the street.  I would opt for a 506t. I put a 506t in my daughters car with her 5701 and you don't get unwanted warn away chirps. Just my opinion.

What does your 508 do?

Cutting the two black wires on the siren will eliminate tones 2 thru 6, and the soft chirp.  I did not cut mine, and it is plenty annoying.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2010 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thelocation of my 508D is in the center console, with the bottom of it facing the metal frame. Is the ideal location against a metal or not ?

yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2010 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
I started the buick ....... theres a thin wire controll harnes on the steering, and all the thick wires are in the center console in a relay panel, proceed with wiring to steering harnes ?
yukon 2001
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2010 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

All the wire lists show connections at the ignition switch harness.  Two Ignitions, one Starter, and possibly two Accessories ( Audiovox lists a Brown ACC2 ).

The install guide for the DLPKGM really doesn't list the 2002 year, but I would see if it would do the door lock / unlock control before I got some relays and resistors and wired directly. 

Soldering is fun!
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2010 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks kreg, you just gave me another option, and maybe using the DPLGM is a better option to unlock the doors. Thanks.
yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2010 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

Found all the wires for the Buick Randevuz 2002, there is several wiring diagrams, I will post the one that worked in my car, also the BMC is in the center consol.

I have 2 questions. 1) can I get power from other 12v thicker ignition wires that are closer, instead of the orange at the ignition

2) the tach wire I canot locat it is there another place to look for it ?

heres the list

Function

Vehicle Color

Start:

YELLOW

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *

Ignition #1:

PINK

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #2:

GREEN

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #3:

N/A

Accessory:

ORANGE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Brake Light:

WHITE

AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

Tach Signal:

PURPLE / WHITE

AT COIL MODULE

Parking Lights:

LT. BLUE (-)

AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Headlights:

YELLOW (-)

AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH

OEM Alarm Disarm:

PURPLE (-)

IN A PINK PLUG AT THE BCM UNDER RADIO

OEM Alarm Arm:

Diesel Glow Plug:

N/A

Clutch Bypass Wire:

N/A

yukon 2001
steve k 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2010 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
viper 5701, yukon, buick - Page 2 -- posted image.
yukon 2001
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic