icon

input needed on 05 accord wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cj10 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
I've pulled two wiring info. One from the commando alarm website and the other from the 12volt.com site. Would appreciate anyone's input to the following two questions:
1) trigger door input - commando alarm describes a location at the back of the fuse box where one would make connections to four separate wires (each corresponding to a door) along with diode isolate. On the other hand, the 12volt wire description talks about one single wire connection. I think i know the answer to my question..anyway is the four wire installation a better one since one does not have to consider the dome light delay and thus set the alarm accordingly? this is preferred by will take more wiring and the need to purchase diodes (cheap though).
2) on the 12 volt site, there is a description of the hood pin but its location as cited is near the latch. anyone knows where i can find this trigger wire inside the car?
Oh and one more question, 12volt.com describes a negative white wire on the driver door module to disarm the factory alarm. What use is of this info? could i connect this wire to my alarm negative output when arm to disable the factory alarm? sorry novice..
aloha.
cj
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

Connect the factory disarm wire to the Door Unlock wire of the new alarm.  When you disarm the new alarm, the door unlock wire will disarm the factory alarm.

Years ago the delayed domelight wire did cause problems.  Any new Reputable company manufactured alarm will have no problem with the delay.  It will chirp 3 times to let you know that there is an open door.  Before you get into wherever you are going in, the alarm will chirp the one time to let you know that the door has been closed and the alarm will now cover the doors.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, what he said.
1. Most good modern alarms have a setting to adjust for the delayed domelight. I use Audiovox, which can be programmed for up to 60 seconds' delay, and I would use the domelight wire on your car.
2. The "drive door module" is the power window switch. Yes, the arm and disarm wires are only available inside the door---no fun to run wires in there.
3. I'm pretty sure the hood wire is only available out under the hood.
4. What are you using to interface with the car's anti-theft immobilizer? Do you have an extra key to sacrifice for the install?
If you don't mind spending a few bucks, and you don't want to lose a key, use a databus module and save lots of time.
Any of the modules from ADS (idatalink.com) and I'm pretty sure Fortin's new EVO-ALL (ifar.ca) will give you arm/disarm, hoodpin, tachometer, and other functions without running wires all over the car and without giving up a key.
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for all of your replies.
in response to hooking up the door trigger wire to the alarm disable, i think the new alarm (which is being shipped as we speak), will come with extra channel outputs. One of them will trigger a negative when the alarm is armed and another when its disarmed (need to reconfirm). Given what was said, I think i'll make the appropriate connections to both arm and disarm on the factory alarm wires with the aftermarket alarm wire (i.e., door unlock wire and neg output of the additional channel).
in regards to the immobilizer, is this important only if i decide to hook up a remote startup feature to my accord? my plan was to piggy back the after market alarm with the factory alarm. i only plan to hook the door, hood and trunk triggers wires from the after market alarm. please let me know if anyone forsee a problem with this plan..
aloha.
cj
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Door trigger and door unlock wire are not the same. 
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2010 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
You shouldn't need to worry about either separate door triggers or dome light delay if the following occurs:-
When you close your doors does the dome light stay on for about 1 minute?
Conversely if you close your door and then lock it either with the key or an existing OEM fob does this turn off the dome light within 4 seconds?
If so just go to the dome light wire that shows a neg on opening the door after it has been shut and the dome light has shut down.
Most reputable units will ignore up to 5 seconds as a built in delay therefore no problems.
Door trigger triggers the dome and any other interior lights,e.g. door edge warning lights.
Lock trigger is what triggers the lock/unlock relays which drive the door actuators.
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks all for the responses. Now if I hook the alarm (by the way it's a Viper 3002) door lock and unlock to the factory arm and disarm wires does anyway one know if it factory alarm will subsequently respond as such to lock and unlock the car door?
cj
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2010 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Just checked Directwire. I know the alarm but not the car.
Directwire gives pink/black as lock and pink/blue as unlock, both neg pulse at the fusebox.
It gives blue/white to blue/red as factory alarm and BLACK/ red to white as disarm, again neg pulse this time in the driver's door module.
Without having done this vehicle, to play safe I would Y-split the lock and unlock wires, one Y to each and branch to these two locations. Use a diode 1N4004 in line on each of the four with the bands towards the alarm.
Thus your 3002 will also arm and disarm the factory alarm. If this is over the top will someone with the specific vehicle knowledge please chime in here.
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 4:04 AM / IP Logged  
For my 2005 Honda Accord, I've got in hand the wiring diagram from this website. I removed the kick panel and am looking straight at the under dash fuse/relay box. Wires I need to find in this area are the door triggers and the + wire for the parking lights. Spend quite a bit of time trying to locate these wires and testing for polarity with my meter. Been unsuccessful.
door trigger - should be a green wire on a 5 pin plug behind the fusebox. mmm..this fuse box is bolted down. is there an easier way to get to these wires?
parking lights - RED / black wire on a white plug on top of fuse box. I've see a plug but is right above the relays. I see two RED / black wires but i don't see a positive voltage or voltage at all when i turn on the parking lights.
any help especially with photos will be greatly appreciated.
Oh also there is a plate that is quite large behind the driver's dashboard lower cover. i'm thinking of mounting my viper 3002 module on this but it will be quite tough. other option was to strap it to a wire harness but i think it would not be a good idea since the two stage shock sensor is onboard (built into the module). any comments appreciated.
cj
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Battery WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Ignition 1 BLACK / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Starter 1 BLACK/ WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. All Door Trigger GREEN/ RED (-) AT MUTLIPLEX CONTROL UNIT INSIDE FUSEBOX IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image.
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Domelight Super GREEN/ RED (-) AT MUTLIPLEX CONTROL UNIT INSIDE FUSEBOX IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image.
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. LF Latch GREEN (-) AT MUTLIPLEX CONTROL UNIT INSIDE FUSEBOX IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image.
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. RF Latch LIGHT GREEN/ RED (-) AT MUTLIPLEX CONTROL UNIT INSIDE FUSEBOX IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image.
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Trunk Trigger BLUE/BLACK (-) AT MUTLIPLEX CONTROL UNIT INSIDE FUSEBOX IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image.
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Hood Trigger YELLOW/RED (-) AT MUTLIPLEX CONTROL UNIT INSIDE FUSEBOX IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image.
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Alarm Disarm WHITE (-) AT MODULE IN DRIVERS DOOR
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Alarm Arm WHITE/ RED (-) AT MODULE IN DRIVERS DOOR
input needed on 05 accord wiring -- posted image. Parking Lights RED / BLACK (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic