icon

input needed on 05 accord wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
If you have a built in shock sensor they recommend you cable (zip) tie to a loom.
cj10 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick response guys. Anyone can tell me how to get inside the fuse box if its simple to explain? Otherwise i'll have to do some more research on this so that I don't damage any kind of wiring/mounting and secondly, if i do tap into the neg side of the parking lights at the switch, i assume i should have no problem hooking it to my alarm..alarm spec says current draw should not exceed 10 amps.
will consider strapping the module to a stiff wire loom as suggested.
p.s. i notice on the response showing the wire diagrams, there are funky looking symbols...do they link up to some notes or pics..i am using firefox as my browser.
thx.
cj
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
You obviously don't listen, I've NEVER had to get to that fusebox except maybe lock and unlock. If the dome light behaves the way I stated before, pick it up in one of the A pillars. Do you have icons on your gauges for door and trunk open? That's a good place to pick up door and trunk triggers (neg switched side of the warning lights). You can probably pick up lock and unlock on the driver's kick panel, test the plugs, you will see what's coming in from the driver's door.
Such an easy car to do.
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Okay..do i deserve this kind of response??? mmm..another platinum user provided me a table which dictates to get to the MCU from inside the fuse box..now i hear you about going to the A piller but i don't really want to get monkey around in this area since there is an air bag module along this structure along the trim, if i have to go that high. any positive, encouraging and cordial response will be greatly APPRECIATED...i claim to be an amateur.
cj
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Yes because you didn't give me the courtesy of telling me whether or not you listened to my post about the dome lights or my more recent comment about the gauges. You will probably have to route around the A pillar for the antenna any way.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2010 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Also another Platinum Member Chris also told you about the dome light wire on an earlier post. For your info, the fuse box probably drops down on 2 x M6 (10mm) nuts or bolts, BUT it's much easier to identify the plugs and pull the individual plugs, usually by squeezing in the centre catch.
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  
FYI. I finally was able to get my wire connections and my alarm to work correctly. Thanks to all who really helped me.
cj
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thought I share two take outs from my personal installation...hopefully others can benefit from this:
1) wire installation. I found out it is a good idea to check various sources when it comes to finding out where the wires are. For example, one source says for the constant power and ignition wire, go to the ignition harness. Well after considering other sources, i found out that the underdash fuse/relay box is the easiest location to tap to for the Accord. I fact, this is the easiest place to most of your taps.
2) Getting the door triggers wires was quite easy. There is a bundle of wires that projects out from behind the fuse/relay box. So there is NO need to get behind this box at all. I thought i had to actually go behind this box..
3)
cj
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2010 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
So far I took the panel off from a 05 Accord EXL and did some probing behind the plastic sheet (vapor barrier)? Two questions, where exactly are the arm/disarm wires. I've seen some photos where these wires are on a green plug but I really can't find them. Do I need to unbolt some harness inside the door?... A photo would be great. The other question, what is the adhesive called that used to secure the plastic onto the door frame?
p.s. just a comment. I noticed that the cable that connects to the interior door handle has a fragile green stub that should seat snuggly into the door handle assembly. That part had completely severed. Anyone know of a easy fix or just ignore it..
cj
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2010 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
From memory the arm and disarm wires are in the harness that goes to the power window / door lock switch.
The stuff that holds the plastic on the door is called monkey snot. Well, that is what we call it! Not sure what the technical name is.
Kevin Pierson
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic