icon

viper 5902 in a 2007 rav4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
You use the - green trigger on this car, you are looking either at the fuse box plug (my favourite) or the ign switch illumination for a wire that sits on ground when the door is open and goes to open circuit when the door is closed and the dome light shuts off.
Yes use domelight supervision if the dome light situation worries you but what I suggested is a lot simpler.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, 4 pages and you haven't even turned a screw!viper 5902 in a 2007 rav4 - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

Time to stop over thinking it and get to work......

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
You use the - green trigger on this car, you are looking either at the fuse box plug (my favourite) or the ign switch illumination for a wire that sits on ground when the door is open and goes to open circuit when the door is closed and the dome light shuts off.
Yes use domelight supervision if the dome light situation worries you but what I suggested is a lot simpler.

Howie, when the light shuts off it will go to 12volts not open. viper 5902 in a 2007 rav4 - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yes this time you can scream at me, I forget to add I always check dome this one and trunk with the plug disconnected.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
And I believe I've also commented on too much talk and questions, you see Mike and I see a pattern here.
corrado007 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

Ok, 4 pages and you haven't even turned a screw!viper 5902 in a 2007 rav4 - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

Time to stop over thinking it and get to work......

howie ll wrote:
And I believe I've also commented on too much talk and questions, you see Mike and I see a pattern here.
Alright, fair enough guys, I'll stop with the questions for now. Trust me, I would love to roll up my sleeves and put all this theory into practice but the silly thing hasn't arrived in the mail yet. I have no doubt there will be a another question or two once I'm all tangled up in wires but for now I think you guys have enabled my OCD enough. viper 5902 in a 2007 rav4 - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.   
I do tend to over think things Mike, you should see all the diagrams, manuals, and charts I've got piled on my desk for this one install.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Nothing wrong with crib sheets, I always use them when working on something new to me.
corrado007 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
     Just wanted to thank you all for your help. I ended up installing the 5902 yesterday and today. It took me quite a while but it went perfect. Remote start, alarm and everything else work great.
     I was having a problem with the drivers door not locking consistently before the install when using the factory keyless entry or the door switch and I hoped (but doubted) that would go away with the install and of course it didn't . I did a bit of searching and it looks like a somewhat common problem on RAV4s to have the driver's door lock actuator go out. I put a DMM up to the motor wires inside the door and they receive a pulse when the other doors lock and unlock but no movement. I guess I'll pull it out tomorrow and see if it can be taken apart and cleaned or if it's just dead.
Anyway, at least the install with smooth. Again, I really appreciate all your help guys. Couldn't have done it with out you all.
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2010 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
viper 5902 in a 2007 rav4 - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.viper 5902 in a 2007 rav4 - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2010 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
Well Done!  Research and planning are the keys to a successful install.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic