icon

05 hyundai elantra viper 5101?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evorider 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

ok i have done a good deal of reading on my car and am just curious if i am planning to hook everything up right and have a few questions. here is what i am planning to connect the viper harnes(left) to wires in my car(info from 12volt car diagrams on right). i have tested the wires and all seem to be correct to diagram.

RS system is the viper 5101 or the python 1401

H1/2-- red--- (+) 12v constant input----------to---- red and pink 12v wire in ignition harness

h1/3--brown-- (-)20ma horn output------to (-) horn trigger red wire (i dont need a relay right?)

h1/5--black-- (-) gound----- easy

h1/8--green-- (-) door trigger input---- to yellow (-) wire near ETACM

h1/10--WHITE/ blue-- (-) remote start/ turbo timer activation input------ (not sure if i need this one or where it would even go)

h1/11-- white-- parking light output----- to blue (-) wire near ETACM

h1/12--orange-- (-) 500ma ground when armed--- goround

h2//9--wiolet/white-- tachometer input--- to tach wire in gage cluster

h2/10--dark blue-- (-)200ma status output----(i think i would have to somehow set this up with the keysense wire but i am not sure)

h2/11--pink/white-- (-)200 ma flex relay control output---(not sure what to do with it)

h2/15--grey-- hood pin input--- easy eonugh

h2/17--brown-- (+) brake shut down--- to white (+) brake wire behind brake pedal

h2/18--BLACK/ white-- (-)neutral safety input--- to e brake wire in center councel

h3/1--pink-- ignition 1 input/output---to orange ignition wire

h3/2--RED / white--fused ignition 2/flex relay-- to red and pink 12v constant

h3/3--orange-- accessory output--to green accessory whire

h3/4--violet-- starter output-- to white starter wire

h3/5--red-- ignition 1 input-- to orange ignition wire

h3/6--pink/white--ignition2/flex relay output-- to yellow second accessory wire

h3/7--pink/black--(+)flex relay input 87a keyside --- to (not quite sure but i think this is part of the key sense relay setup ?)

h3/8--RED / black--accessory/starter input--to (this can go to either accessory or starter wire right?)

please tell me if im wrong or am missing something

i am trying to setup horn honk, light flash, keyless entry, remote start and i will eventually wire in a trunk release relay and solenoid... i much appreciate the help in advance if anyone is willing to take the time to look this over for me and make any corrections or give me any advice! i love this site and wish i would have found it sooner!!

evorider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2010 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
oh sorry heres the link to car info     https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~87107
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2010 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
i edited your post/quote below to reflect the changes for you to make. also, don't forget to plug in the 2 pin metal switch or your remote start won't work
evorider wrote:

RS system is the viper 5101 or the python 1401

H1/2-- red--- (+) 12v constant input----------to red or pink 12v wire in ignition harness

h1/3--brown-- (-)20ma horn output------to (-) horn trigger red wire (no relay needed)

h1/5--black-- (-) gound----- easy

h1/8--green-- (-) door trigger input---- to yellow (-) wire near ETACM (only if it's a manual transmission, otherwise do not connect)

h1/10--WHITE/ blue-- (-) remote start/ turbo timer activation input------ do not connect

h1/11-- white-- parking light output----- to blue (-) wire near ETACM

h1/12--orange-- (-) 500ma ground when armed--- do not connect

h2//9--wiolet/white-- tachometer input--- to tach wire in gage cluster

h2/10--dark blue-- (-)200ma status output---- do not connect

h2/11--pink/white-- (-)200 ma flex relay control output---do not connect

h2/15--grey-- hood pin input--- easy eonugh

h2/17--brown-- (+) brake shut down--- to white (+) brake wire behind brake pedal

h2/18--BLACK/ white-- (-)neutral safety input--- to e brake wire in center console (only if it's a manual transmission, if you have an automatic trans just ground this wire)

h3/1--pink-- ignition 1 input/output---to orange ignition wire

h3/2--RED / white--fused ignition 2/flex relay-- to red or pink 12v constant

h3/3--orange-- accessory output--to green accessory whire

h3/4--violet-- starter output-- to white starter wire

h3/5--red-- +12V input-- to red or pink 12v constant

h3/6--pink/white--ignition2/flex relay output-- to yellow second accessory wire

h3/7--pink/black--(+)flex relay input 87a keyside --- do not connect

h3/8--RED / black--accessory/starter input--to red or pink 12v constant

evorider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

it is manual trans...

y dont i need the (orange goround when armed) wire?

or the h3/7--pink/black--(+)flex relay input 87a keyside ?

if the car has a key sense wire.. wont it need a + pulse to make it think the key is there so it will start properly??

and thanks alot for the help it is much needed and appreciated.... seeing as i dont wanna eff up my car!!

another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
evorider wrote:

it is manual trans...

y dont i need the (orange goround when armed) wire?

or the h3/7--pink/black--(+)flex <A style="COLOR: #000000" class=orglb title=relays href="https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp">relay</A> input 87a keyside ?

if the car has a key sense wire.. wont it need a + pulse to make it think the key is there so it will start properly??

and thanks alot for the help it is much needed and appreciated.... seeing as i dont wanna eff up my car!!

the orange ground when armed wire is an output from the viper unit, not an input. when you lock the vehicle with the remote, that orange wire will output ground so that you may connect other devices to it and they can be active when the viper is locked/armed (though your unit doesn't have an alarm, same concept/terminology) it would be used for something like say a starter kill or the old scanning blue led lights people liked a decade ago. unless you're adding something of that sort, then you don't need to connect that orange wire to anything.
the pink/black wire is pin 87a of an internal relay on the viper unit. it's main use is for isolating ignition switches from the rest of the vehicle (on that one circuit of course). mostly just used for some late model toyotas or nissans, exact models escape me at the moment. but if you were to look at a standard bosch relay, the RED / black is pin 87, pink/black is pin 87a and pink/white is pin 30 (pins 85 and 86 are internal, kinda)
very few vehicles need to actually see the keysense wire powered up in order to remote start without any issues, your elantra is one that does not require the keysense to be powered
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
oh and for future reference, most vehicles have a negative keysense and not a positive keysense wire.
evorider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

i did see somewhere that most key senses wires ar -  but my spec sheet said +... i had not tested that yet so i was not sure.

thanks alot for the help....i love learnin stuff like this it can come in usefull for so much stuff.  theres nothing sticking out that im looking over that you can see is there?

another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
nothing that i see in particular. just make sure that the door trigger wire you connect to the car is a true door trigger and not a dome light wire that fades on/off or has a delay before turning off after shutting all doors.
also, make sure to read and get a good comprehension in the manual about how to properly set up and enter the "ready mode" for manual transmissions
evorider 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ok... i got tthe majority of everythin in... except hood pin ...tach and brake switch..... i am just ttying to get my locks to work... but they wont latch or anything with the remote... and everything seems drained of power when trying to lock manually.... any ideas?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic