icon

remote starter 5901 on 98 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tonhu1969 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone help me the wiring diagram in detail (collor to collor) to install viper 5901 remote starter on 1998 4runner with manual transmission?  I got the alarm worked but the remote starter would not make any sound or crank.  Thank you!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

The following is based on the info from Bulldog Security and their wire listing for the 1998 Toyota 4Runner.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp   All wires should be verified with a
Digital Multi Meter.  Please note that AudioVox shows very different colors on their wire guide.
http://techservices.audiovox.com/login.aspx  Sign-up is free.

Viper                                                                                                               4Runner Ignition Switch

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT                                                               BLACK / YELLOW (+)
H3/2 RED / WHITE (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87                       WHITE (+) and WHITE/ RED (+)
H3/3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT                                                                  BLUE/RED (+)
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)      GREEN/ BLACK (+) or BLACK (+) car side
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)         GREEN/ BLACK (+) or BLACK (+) key side
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT                                                       WHITE (+) and WHITE/ RED (+)
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT                                      BLACK / YELLOW (+) or BLACK/ RED (+)
H3/8 PINK/BLACK FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX RELAY    Not Used
H3/9 RED / BLACK FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT                            WHITE (+) and WHITE/ RED (+)
H3/10 N/C N/C

The clutch bypass would have to be determined with actual meter probing as no info is listed by Bulldog Security.

The Viper comes defauled for Manual Transmission Mode but the Viper programming should be changed to TACH Mode via
Menu 3, Menu Item 2, to Option 4.  While Bulldog lists a transponder immobilizer, there might not actually be one.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
Here we go again!
tonhu1969 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Gre357,

Thank you for quickly responded!  I got little confuse that when it says for an example:

"H3/2 RED / WHITE (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87                       WHITE (+) and WHITE/ RED (+)".  Does it mean I can connect to either 1 of these wires or both wires?

Also, How to install remote starter viper 5901 on manual transmission with safety mode still operatable?  Thanks a bunch again!

tonhu1969 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

Can anyone help me the wiring diagram in detail (collor to collor) to install viper 5901 remote starter with 530T window module on 1998 4runner with manual transmission?  I got the alarm worked but the remote starter would not make any sound or crank.  Thank you!

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
The 5901 comes as manual transmission default.
White and WHITE/ red are the 12V+ constant feeds at the ignition switch.
Join the 5901's RED / white to one of these. Also the red and the RED / black. Then it might start.
The 530t has its wiring connections embossed on the back, also full wiring with its installation sheet.
Are you reading the installation instructions on the 5901?
All of your questions would be answered by yourself using a DMM.
tonhu1969 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Howi II

Yes, I connect like you said but the light indicators on the instrument cluster panel go off when the remote starter tries to start and only a couple small clicks from the repays in the engine compartment .  I tried to set up the MTS like start the truck with key, neutral, padel brake, hand brake, un-padel brake, push remote start button, turn off $ remove key (without touching brake padel), get out.  But the engine will turn off when I tuen off by key at this step.

Thank you for your help again!

tonhu1969 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

HI all Kreg357 and Howi II)

I have installed viper remote starter 5901 on 1998 4runner with manual transmission as  instruction:

Viper                                                                                                               4Runner Ignition Switch

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT                                                               BLACK / YELLOW (+)
H3/2 RED / WHITE (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87                       WHITE (+) and WHITE/ RED (+)
H3/3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT                                                                  BLUE/RED (+)
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)      GREEN/ BLACK (+) or BLACK (+) car side
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)         GREEN/ BLACK (+) or BLACK (+) key side
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT                                                       WHITE (+) and WHITE/ RED (+)
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT                                      BLACK / YELLOW (+) or BLACK/ RED (+)
H3/8 PINK/BLACK FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX RELAY    Not Used
H3/9 RED / BLACK FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT                            WHITE (+) and WHITE/ RED (+)
H3/10 N/C N/C.

When I did enable MTS, the set up went o.k with 5 flashing lights like it should be, engine shut down when I armed to confirm MTS mode.  But when I tried to start, a few relay clicks in the engine compartment (as normal like when I started with the key) and it won't turn over or crank at all.  after 3 attempts remote start, the parking light flashs 5 time indicates that brake switch is actived.  When I tried to start in the automatic mode, it does the same  (a few relay clicks and won't turn over).  I connected all the wires like they should be including E brake, brake switch, pin hood, door trigger etc..

Can anyone help me?  Thanks a bunch in addvance!

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Check your voltage between the red and the ground at the H3 plug.
tonhu1969 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Howie II,

I get +12 volts constant at red H3/6 and ground.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic