the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

car cranks but no start after alarm setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2010 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
So.... if they go ahead and pull the remote start and whatnot and come to the conclusion that it's the distributor or something unrelated are they going to pay to have the remote start unit reinstalled?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
zerepdivad 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2010 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
also what in the hell? you payed 600 dollars to have a distributor replaced but got a random guy off craigslist to do your alarm remote start install?
marlonism 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
IT'S WORKING NOW!!!
The Nissan dealership said they were not getting fuel pressure and spark so they have to do a full diagnostics on the ignition. All the readings were good and the parts they suspected all checked fine (distributor, pump, injectors, ECM, etc). Finally, what they did was to disconnect the remote start and then they were able to start the car.
The labor is $396+tax for a total $423. There were no parts needed, they just disconnected the remote start and everything worked.
I still don't know exactly what they mean by "disconnected the remote start", or what specific wires they have to re-configure back to stock. I'm hoping to be able to talk to the mechanic later to ask what fix they did to the connections. In other words, I don't know how my test of unplugging the H3 harness and shorting the primary starter wire input/output on the harness was any different.
The alarm brain is still mounted, and the Viper remote can still lock/unlock the doors so I think it's still partially installed. I am currently at a loss as to how to proceed from here (whether to proceed completing the remote start, completely remove the alarm, or leave things as they are with the hope that the partial install won't show problems down the road).
I'm out about $643 all in all plus about 10 days of driving wife to/from work, and kids to school so this has not been a pleasant experience so far.
zerepdivad 
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
i don't buy it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
They wouldn't have done anything different from what YOU did marionism.
Like Z said, I don't buy it either.
Probably something completely different like a fuel pump relay or engine sensor failing.
Bye the way Z, was it you they were having a (humerous) go at on IML recently?
zerepdivad 
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
huh? i always harass the people asking to be taken off the list. what exactly are you talking about?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
When you pointed out that the picture was a Kia, made with Mazda bits and branded a Ford, about a week ago. I'm just joining the anti DEI tech rant, interesting thread.
The people who ask to be removed are obviously the same ones as those who post on this site asking for tech info who haven't looked to see that their vehicle is quite clearly listed in the vehicle wiring section.
zerepdivad 
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
can't say i recall saying anything like that... i usually say wooweee or mwuahahahaha at the people asking to be taken off of the mailing list. a majority of them go to my spam though.
marlonism 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
The bill that I paid shows no parts in it, only labor. So that means there's nothing wrong with the physical parts (unless we have 2 coincidences: the problematic part breaking on the day of the install and then starting to work again during Nissan's diagnostics).
The service representative did mention, when I asked him if it's possible to only re-configure the wires necessary for ignition, that the whole alarm has to be completely removed since it's "grounded all over" but I don't really know what he meant by that. I don't really expect details or accuracy from a representative, unless he is quoting the mechanic word for word. (Note that they didn't really end up removing the whole thing.)
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic