the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bronco ii ignition wires for rem start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

I would only say that,     IF,     I was there testing those wire with my DMM.    You have to test all wires to verify that you have found the correct ones. If you read through the link on the previous post it will explain how to test for those wires ( 5 wire reverse) and might help you figure it out.

As I said before, I did one on my brothers truck. I did the lock first and it blew a fuse.  I reversed the wires and it worked fine, then I worked on the unlock.  

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tresvatos 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2010 at 3:55 AM / IP Logged  
Well I had the weirdest thing happen last night.. I decided to wait on the door locks and start putting the interior of my Bronco II back together..  I did that and tried to put my Bronco II in reservation mode to test the remote start, but when I pressed the park brake and gave the regular brake the second push ( which is when lights flash to take key out ) the module started buzzing badly and interior lights went dim-bright-dim-bright, until I turned on my regular park lights with the headlight switch..the only thing I can think that would cause this would be I lossened a ground wire when i was putting the interior panels back on...any other guesses......I take one step forward and two steps back it seems.....
tresvatos 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
well what a wonderful Christmas present!!  After a week of fooling with the install I belive for once everything is working! Thankl you everyone on here so very much!!
tresvatos 
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Well I thought I had this figured out for a second, but now the dang Remote Start will not go into Reservation mode, which has to be done to get the Remote Start function to work.   The remote start was buzing terribly when i tried to use any of the functions, like unlock, lock, or put into reservation mode.  I would successfully get to the part where I needed to tap the Brake twice after putting on Ebrake, and the Ultra start Module began buzzing really bad and my interior lights start flashing, this would go on until I switched on my Park Lights manually.. I am really confused, so I checked the Internet and it seems this may be caused by a bad ground, so with that said I tested the ground to module and got a reading of 3.56 Volts.  I found a good chassis ground and bolt and ran a heavy gauge  wire to the ground PIN on module and soldered the new ground with heavy ga. cable about a 1/4 inch from Pin, and re-tested with 12. 6 volts passing at the PIN connection while disconnected from module.  Now I don't hear any buzzing from module during unlock/lock, but I cannot get the System back into Reservation mode now for remote start to take place.  I turn on ignition, apply Ebrake, then press brake twice, and nothing happens.. Really frustrating, because I had it working before.  I have tested all contacts for good continuity as well.  The thing I also had a question about is that The Unlock/Lock negative outputs have a 12v current on one or the other now coming back from door lock relays, so don't know if this effects anything. Also since my heater wasn't coming on earlier in set-up I assigned the optional 12 volt (white ) wire to my seecond accessory wire in vehicle harness.  The bronco II has (2 )  Ignition wires according to Bulldog Sec, and I only tapped into one, so should I remove ( white ) wire from my accessory wire on vehicle and tap that into the second Ignition wire on vehicle harness...Thanks for reading this, I really appreciate all the help! Greg
tresvatos 
Posted: December 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
After a long-long day after Xmas I attached a relay to the second ignition, ran a totally new and heavier ga. tach wire, cleaned engine ignition coil, and soldered every connection.  I did not have my second ignition powered before and read on some ford ranger forum, that the second ignition needed to be powered as well.  So after a long week of dealing ith this, I hope my problems with the Ultra Start Install are over finally.. Defiantely don't want to do that again.. Thank s to all who helped me with some guidance throughout the install! Greg
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic