the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bronco ii ignition wires for rem start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tresvatos 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have no idea what is goin on  > I tested the tach wire and it read 28-27 AC current even when starting.. I tried the tach quick learn and put in reservation ( manual mode ) and I still get the 7 flashes..Im at a loss now..
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

Did the following happen for you tach learn?   This is from page 12 of the install manual.

1) Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position. The park lights will turn “ON”

2) Start the vehicle with the key. The LEDs on the antenna will turn on if a proper tach signal is detected**, after 30-35 seconds the park lights will flash and the siren will chirp twice to confirm Tach Learn.

That AC Voltage seems awfully high to me.  Maybe because it is an older vehicle. Usually it's 3-6 volts.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  
Most wire guides list the Tach as Dark GREEN/ YELLOW at the coil.  As smokeman1 said, the Tach signal should be in the range of 1 - 6 volts AC.  Ultra Starts are very good at syncing up with a Tach signal, so you might try a Fuel Injector.  Most injectors have two wires.  Compare the wires on several injectors.  One color should be found at all injectors.  The other wire should be a unique color for each injector.  That unique colored wire is the one you want.  Always do a Factory Reset on the Ultra Start prior to trying to learn the Tach signal.  The Quick Learn or Re-Learn will only work after a valid successful original Tach Learn.  Having the Parking Lights and Horn hooked up is very helpful during Tach Learn and option programming.
Soldering is fun!
tresvatos 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
I finally connected the yellow start wire to the factory Pink wire after the clutch safety switch, and this worked for the remote start.  I was having to go thru the reservation program every thime to get it to crank back using the remote start though.  Crank -Park Brake-press control 3 (#) button on Key Fob- open close doors and press (*) or remote start button on Key fob to tuen off vehicle.  I disconnected in order to hide interior wir wires and use wire loom and mount under dash, and after all this could not get the module to TACH learn again, so I dont know what happened .. I tested TACH read wire and still get same reading, just the LEDs on the antenna dont blink to acknowledge a successful TACH read. I am goin to test wire tomorrow .  I still wonder why when it did work I had to go thru whole reservation mode process even  pressing key Fob buttons..  thanks for the help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  

For the Ultra Start to do an initial automatic Tach Learn and few things have to happen. 

From a Factory Reset condition, the Ultra Start brain is waiting for a normal key start to begin its

automatic Tach Learn process. 

When you start the car with the key, the Ultra Start sees the Ignition1 Blue wire to go +12v ( so IGN1 must

be directly connected to the cars IGN1 wire ).  The Ultra Start will acknowledge seeing the IGN1 wire
going to +12v by turning on the parking lights and it enters into the Tach learn mode.

Next the Ultra Start waits to see the Starter1 wire go to +12v for a short period ( so the Yellow Starter

wire must be directly connected to the cars Starter1 wire ).  This means not only did you turn the key to ON
but you went to the START position to start the car.  The Ultra Start assumes the car started and begins
monitoring the Blue/White Tach wire for an acceptable signal.  If it sees a valid tach signal within the set
time period it confirms a good Tach Learn by flashing the Parking Lights and beeping the horn 2 or 3  times
depending on the model.  If the Tach wire is not connected or no valid tach signal was detected the parking
lights and horn go 4 times on Tach Less mode capable models.

Some Ultra Start models can only run in Tach mode.  Some newer Ultra Start models have the capability of

doing a Tach Learn manually on cars that do not have a Starter wire ( newer GMs ).  You can also fool the Ultra
Start and get it to enter into the Tach Learn process on these cars by momentarily jumpering +12v to the
unused Yellow Starter wire while the car is running.

Soldering is fun!
tresvatos 
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
now I am having trouble getting the Ultra Start to stay in Reservation mode.  I will unplug and reset system, them apply Park Brake press the # button on remote fob, then turn key off ( engine still runs ) then open, and close door, then cut-off using key fob * button.  Then the system will crank the Bronco II perfect and I can use it as it is intended.  But it will only crank one time doing this with remote start, then i get the 4 flashes from park lights on next try.  I thiink I need to know how to keep the syatem in resevation mode, becuse it seems it is only getting the program for one remote start, then goin out of MANUAL reservation mode......wish now I would have just paid the installer the 150 to do this........I still have the unlock/lock relays to tackle as well.. Thanks for all the help!
tresvatos 
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
Well I think maybe I have the remote start part working now....The reservation modde I have to put gear shift in neutral then apply park brake, then press regular brake twice.  After that remove key and exit Bronco II, once the door is shut the engine dies.  I can then start the vehicle back from remote start.  Tomorrow I am goin to attempt to wire loom everything and install the door lock/unlock relays. I have the two relays and the wire diagram for reverse polarity door locks that are the Bulldog Type C. I plan on cutting the pink/green and Pink / YELLOW wires right behind the driver's headlight and interfacing the relays right there in the door lock circuit.  If this doesn't sound right please let me know! Thanks for all the help so far, hence the donation !
tresvatos 
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
bronco ii ignition wires for rem start - Page 3 -- posted image.I  wired the two relays into the two pink / YELLOW and then into the pink/green wires behind the drivers headlight and I keep popping a fuse with NO unlock, or lock action  when the unlock/lock button on alarm key fob.  I wired this exactly the way the reverse polarity relay diagram posted on this site.  I am wondering now if I intercepeted the wires in the right place now, although the wire diagram does specify behind drivers headlight.  This is a 1990 Bronco II..  Thanks for your help, Greg
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

Try reversing the pink / YELLOW  and the  pink/green on your relays.  Try just doing the unlock or the lock one at a time.  And test the end of those lock/unlock wires with your DMM.   The first time I did one like this I blew a fuse. I thought I also had it right by the diagram, but I had it backwards.

Maybe this post for a dodge ram truck will help.  The wire colors are different but the testing of the lock/unlock wires should be the same.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~100158~KW~thepencil~PN~0~TPN~2

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tresvatos 
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Smoke man, would you say that I have the wires patched into the factoty harness at the correct place on the vehicle wiring harness... most all the vehicle diagrams state that the lock/unlock wires Pink / YELLOW and Pink/Green are located behind Drivers headlight, which is where I patched in...I hope this is the right place because I took time and soldered and wire-loomed everything leading to the relays...Thanks
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic