the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bronco ii ignition wires for rem start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tresvatos 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2010 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have the color codes from here, but I cannot find the wires coming from the ignition that are the ones listed on the diagram here on the 12 volt..The vehicle is a 1990 Bronco II , which is the same as a Ranger for that year both made by Ford.. There are four wires listed and I can only find the Yellow Constant ... Then it tells me I need a Red and Light Green, Red and Light Blue, and then a Gray and Yellow ( which I can't find ) ..the weird thing is that there is a Pink wire with Green striping in a bundle next to the Yellow and also a Red and somewhat Dark Green, and a  Gray wire all together.. These are thick lower gauge wires that Do Not go direct to the ignition in the steering column, but are behind the steering column and go towards the Stereo Area of Dash.. The 1990 Ford Ranger, not Bronco II diagram has these wires as the ones I need to T into for the Remote Start, but I wonder if these are the correct ones since they don't go into the ignition directly.   One other problem is getting to the Black w blue stripe wire for the door pin.. The last thing on the not sure of list is that the Parking lights has two Brown wires coming from the switch and the remote start says to connect to The brown wire..so which one?  The two are a large gauge and a smaller gauge Brown wire and not sure which one to connect to for Park Light Flash..The Remote Start is an Ultra made for Manual Xmissions..I am an electrician/crewchief  on an AH-64 Apache, so I have a little  knowledge of ""basic electronics ""...Thanks for the help! Greg  
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

This info from AudioVox

Battery             YELLOW  (+)                        IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  

Ignition 1          RED / LIGHT GREEN  (+)        IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 Accessory 1     GRAY / YELLOW  (+)             IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 Starter 1          RED / LIGHT BLUE  (+)           IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Bottom line is these are all guides and are sometimes wrong.  It is best to

use a Digital Multi Meter to locate and verify all wires.

Here is alink to Bulldog Security for their guide :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

Here is a link to AudioVox for their version : http://techservices.audiovox.com/login.aspx   Sign-up is free.

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Time to get the DMM out and start testing wires. 
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tresvatos 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
So suggest I spark chase the wires! Mil Lingo..! Hopefully I can get someone that has dealt with this type vehicle before and can just tell me... Thanx
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
No one is going to tell you, I don't think I've ever gone in knowing what the wire colours were I ALWAYS test.
Spark chase? wth is that?
Listen to Kreg and Smokeman they are offering you the best advice you're going to get.
By the way your wire descriptions are wrong it's RED / light blue not red and light blue. Very confusing.
tresvatos 
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help..I will get the DMM and test the wires... ""Spark Chasing"" is a Military Term used that basically means test a circuit..
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for that info, I hope it means passively via the key rather than using a power probe.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

tresvatos,  If you go to the download section of this site. download the install manual for the Viper 5701 and in it starting on page 13 is a section on finding the wires you need, (How to test for them and verify what they are). Use the wiring charts as a guide to get you close to what you need. What is on a wiring chart can be way off from what is in the vehicle. Even from one web site to the next.   

No FM's or SOP's for this stuff...lol   (20 yrs, 4 days Army. 13 bang)

tresvatos 
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

I will reserch somemore..Thanks for the helpful info

Roger Smokeman1-Wilco ....13 Bang Bang ..Guess you are familiar with lovely Ft. Benning!

smokeman1 
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
What model remote starter are you installing?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic