icon

opinions on JBL 600.1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
942drYukon 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2003 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

I'm planning on running 2 12w3v2's or 2 12" idq v3's, would a JBL 600.1 be a good match for these subs?  If I run the JL's at 2Ohms it would be 300watts per sub which is the RMS, the idq's have a 250rms, but it should be fine at 300. 

Opinions on the JBL 600.1 quality wise?  Will it have bad sound quality, or will be be just fine?

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2003 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

These amps are MADE for pushing subs and they really do pack a punch.  I like the fact that they can handle really low ohm loads (1 ohm manufacturer recommended, but I've seen them run at lower loads);  it makes wiring up subs a whole lot easier.  From what I have seen they are pretty tough and will last you a good while.

Of course the usual advice applies:  don't push it past its designed limits, give it ample room to breathe, and hook it all up correctly.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
the 600.1 is a great amp, especially since it does its rated power at both 1 and 2 ohm loads...
bang for buck, you cannot beat the JBL PowerValve amps...the 1200.1 and the 600.1 are really true performers with a very small price tag...they are a very reliable amp that wont disappoint...
Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
I've never seen a 600.1 pushed real hard, but I have seen a 1200.1 running within an inch of it's life at 1 ohm like a champ. I think they are reliable amps with alot of flexibility. For the price it's tough to beat.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic