icon

2010 toyota corolla remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2010 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Are the 2010 Corollas the same as the 2009? Can anyone supply the wiring info? And what's the best bypass for this car? 556u? Or is there a better option?
Thank you!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2010 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Same as 2009 other than being 80bit. There are many bypasses on the market, try www.idatalink.com
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you.
I have never done a datalink setup, I have always used the old 555 or 556u...
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Mike, are you sure all 2010s are already 80-bit? I've done a few and they were the regular key.
TJ, the Idatalink modules work very nicely in that car. Not only do you not have to give up a key, but there are fewer wires to connect in the car, and most cool of all.....the module lets the factory remotes keep working even while the remote starter is running!
Locks, trunk, panic, even the hazard-light flashes and the little Toyota "meep meep" sound still work with the starter running if you use the module.
If you use a compatible remote starter and use the data-to-data cable from the module to the starter, the OEM remotes will disarm your aftermarket alarm....no more setting the alarm off because you touched the wrong remote.
On the other hand, it's not a cheap part, and if you don't mind giving up your valet key, you could save a good bit of money that way.
TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2010 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
Mike, are you sure all 2010s are already 80-bit? I've done a few and they were the regular key.
TJ, the Idatalink modules work very nicely in that car. Not only do you not have to give up a key, but there are fewer wires to connect in the car, and most cool of all.....the module lets the factory remotes keep working even while the remote starter is running!
Locks, trunk, panic, even the hazard-light flashes and the little Toyota "meep meep" sound still work with the starter running if you use the module.
If you use a compatible remote starter and use the data-to-data cable from the module to the starter, the OEM remotes will disarm your aftermarket alarm....no more setting the alarm off because you touched the wrong remote.
On the other hand, it's not a cheap part, and if you don't mind giving up your valet key, you could save a good bit of money that way.
Thank you! I'll definitely have to look into it. It's actually a friends car.
Will these work with an 06 civic too?
TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to attack this tomorrow. Anything specific to the car I should know?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic