the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

im stumped, viper 5301, 2003 yukon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, Neutral safety switch to chassis ground.

BitWriter is nice( easier & $80 more ) but you should be able to program via the remote.  Others have reported trying many times to get it accomplished.  Persistence pays off.  Follow the steps listed in the Install Guide.

Soldering is fun!
crisafi75 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

Kreg thank you for bearing with me.

I do have one other question . when I added   H3/7 pink/black to Vehicle red and H3/8 RED / balck to vehicle red

do i cut the wire to have H3/7 on the key side of the red wire and H3/8 RED / black on the vehicle side?

Not here for a long time,im here for a good time!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
H3/7 is N.U.   not used , don't connect - just insulate.
Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

H3/7 should NOT be connected to vehicle red. Should not be needed at all as posted in the second posting.  RED / White,  Red,  and RED / Black are all 12 volts into the brain.

Also make sure you plug in the ON/OFF toggle switch and have it in the on position.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
crisafi75 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

My Mistake in my message

I did NOT connect H3/7 to red it is N/U

My issues are as follows. NO START only flashes.

Are their any wires in the ignition that should be cut. Is there a passlock wire, a starter wire I dont know. I thought I had a pretty good grip on this but I am now determined ,even while sleeping, to figure this out. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, besides not paying one of you very knowlegable technitions to install this. But now its to late,any installer with a bit of sense wouldnt touch this now.

ALL of your input here is greatly appreciated. One other thing,the data wire that came with the XK01 is not used right. I did the (W2W) install.

kreg357 
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

No cut wires in ignition harness, just solder on the Vipers H3 wires to the correct ones.

How many flashes?   7 flashes means it is still in Manual Trans Mode.  Were you able to change the programming over to Auto Trans and Tach Mode?

Did you do a successful Tach Learn ( if in Tach Mode )?

Did you get the XK01 to program?  Does the Lock & Unlock work from the Viper?

Soldering is fun!
crisafi75 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

Yes the tach mode has been set as far as I can tell

I stil have yet to get any horn sound when attempting to program the (man tran enable) I do see 3 flashes on the valet when holding it down and assume that would be the 3rd beep,no?

I do believe the XK01 has been programed acordingly, on install solid light,key on flashes 4 times, hold button to save ,then it flashes a few times,an then turn truck on as it says for gm vehicles.

lock and unlock work. no horn disable though. there is an orange wire on the XK01 that says if unable to disarm connect . havent done that yet.

dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you either connect the toggle switch, or cut the toggle switch off and join the two wires together. Also make sure you either ground the small BLACK/ white neutral safety wire, or connect it to youre neutral safety wire.
kreg357 
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

So what happens when you press remote start on Viper FOB?  Dash illumination, security light errors, cranking, Viper LED, etc. 

Soldering is fun!
crisafi75 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
when I press remote start,  remote red light comes on by the button for remote start with a beep sound . then a few seconds later 7 flashes parking lights, and interior also. no other sounds from the RS System,nothing
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic