astrostart 3106, vss 100 stopped working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luckyj 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have an Astrostart 3106.  A couple of months ago my battery went dead.  After getting a new battery the remote start/alarm did not work.  I was able to get some instructions for re-programming the 3106 so I first reset it.  I then did some basic programming to select the right engine configuration and I was able to get the remote start to work.  However, I can't get the alarm to work.  When I press the remote, the doors lock/unlock but the alarm istelf will not arm (the LED light does not flash and I can open the locked door without the siren going off).  I have looked under the dash and there is a smaller box next to the 3106 module which I am assuming is the VSS-100 module.  The alarm/remote start is circa 1998-2000.  I bought the truck with it already installed and this has been the first issue I've ever had with it.  Does anyone have any experience with these alarms and do you might know what I need to do to get the alarm working?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

The 3106 is a remote start WITH an integrated alarm....

check the alarm programming in level 14.

What type of vehicle.... ?

luckyj 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2010 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the response.  It's a 98 Dodge Ram.  I am not sure about Level 14.  The only programming notes I have are for the command start and they only go up to Level 8.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic