icon

viper 5701 jeep wrangler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toastyoda 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, that might be my problem! I will double check that tomorrow and see what I do and do not have hooked up.
r wolf
toastyoda 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I hooked the red and RED / white to 12+ and left everything else the same. I then switched to auto trans mode and tried the test again. This time I got 8 flashes of park lights indicating no, or bad, neutral safety ground. I rechecked and have ground when park brake applied. I also tried the tach relearn again.
I'm still at a loss as to what's going on
r wolf
gunn1 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

The only thing I can offer is one thing I noticed when comparing your spreadsheet to mine (which I have yet to install!), so take it for what it's worth...

The H1/10-WHITE/ blue "(-) remote start / turbo timer activation input"; I know you don't need to worry abuot the turbo timer, but the manual says:

"This input comes from the factory set to 1 activation pulse. This means that it is necessary to have a single ground pulse on the WHITE/ blue wire for the remote start to activate or deactivate."

Your spreadsheet shows this as unconnected. Is this required to be hooked up? And if so, to what? Makes it sound like it won't activate without it...maybe that's your trouble?

Good luck,

toastyoda 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I got you your pm and I will get back to you shortly on it. Everything seems to be working properly except I'm getting a code for no ground on neutral safety. Gotta figure that out. Going to try to ground the wire directly bypassing the switch totally and see if that does it. When I probe the wire I noted, sometimes it shows ground without the parking brake applied. That can't be right. So I think my problem is in my Jeep. I'll let you know though.
r wolf
toastyoda 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
I'm still meeting help if anyone can give me a hand. I hooked the white blue trace wire to ground. I tried to start.8 flashes of park light indicating a ground ptoblem. I then switch to automatic mode eliminating the possibility of something wrong with manual mode. I still get eight flashes. When I disconnect the white with blue wire from ground and the black with white wire from the emergency brake switch they both test for ground, an indication they grounding through the module itself. is this my problem?
r wolf
toastyoda 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
got it and i feel like an idiot. I double checked every wire and programming function I could think of... except... didn't double check to make sure the toggle switch was still plugged in. It wasn't. plugged it in and all is right with the world!
r wolf
toastyoda 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Primary Harness (H1) 12 Pin Connector
H1/1 RED / White
H1/2 Red (+) 12 volt constant input constant 12 volts Pink/Black Red Ignition Switch Harness
H1/3 Brown (+) siren output siren
H1/4 WHITE/ Brown
H1/5 Black (-) chassis ground chassis ground
H1/6 Violet
H1/7 Blue
H1/8 Green (-) door trigger input door triger (-) Yellow Headlight Switch
H1/9 BLACK/ White
H1/10 WHITE/ Blue
H1/11 White parking light output park lamp BLACK / YELLOW Headlight Switch
H1/12 Orange
Heavy Gauge (H3) 10 Pin Connector
H3/1 Pink (+) ignition 1 input/output iginition 12 volts Blue Ignition Switch Harness
H3/2 RED / White (+) fused 30a ignition 2 constant 12 volts Ignition Switch Harness
H3/3 Orange (+) accessory input accessory BLACK/ D Green Ignition Switch Harness
H3/4 Violet (+) starter output (car side of the starter kill) starter Yellow/Red (starter side) Ignition Switch Harness
H3/5 Green (+) starter input (key side of the starter kill) starter Yellow/Red (switch side) Ignition Switch Harness
H3/6 Red (+) fused 30a ignition 1 input constant 12 volts Ignition Switch Harness
H3/7 Pink/White (+) ignition 2 fles relay output accessory (a/c) BLACK/ Orange Ignition Switch Harness
H3/8 Pink/Black (+) flex relay input
H3/9 RED / Black (+) fused accessory/starter input constant 12 volts Ignition Switch Harness
H3/10 NC
Remote Start Input 5 Pin Connector
1 BLACK/ White (-) neutral safety switch input E Brake Gray/Black (-) Drivers Kick Panel
2 Violet/White tachometer input wire Tach Signal Tan/White Cam Position Sensor
3 Brown (+) brake shutdown input Brake Light WHITE/ Tan (+) Brake Light Switch
4 Gray (-) hood pin switch input Hood Switch Hood Pin
5 Blue/White (-) rear defogger output rear defog sens Dark Blue/Light Green Rear Defrost Switch

A few things to note:

1: I am running other accessories on my Jeep and have added a fuse block where I added my heavy gauge 12 volt constant connections

2: you do not have to hook the pink wires as I have. I used them so the remote start would also power the radio.

3: major note: do not forget to double check that the toggle switch is plugged in!!!

r wolf
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic