icon

viper 350 plus, actuators arizona

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
Fair enough and you made some good comments at the end.
2ndchance 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Alright. So I have the Viper 1002 alarm, the 508d proximity sensor, the cable lock brackets, and aftermarket actuators. I will be starting my install soon. Question: When wiring up the alarm module, If I am NOT doing a remote start will I just be tapping into wires? Or, will I need to "cut" any of them? Anyone know?
12v newbie
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
If you bought a 1002, you won't need a 451 relay.
There will be no need for cuts unless it's a starter cut, everything else can be soldered in.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Should have been nasty about shopping smart, I did say the 1002 (not 1004 as I said at one point) didn't need a 451, their tech obviously DOESN'T know because unlike the 350, the 1002 has in-built relays, more than powerful enough to power your actuators. Is this 2 or 4 door vehicle?
2ndchance 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
How big of a deal is it to solder in? I mean, I was thinking of using Posi-Taps because it would allow me to yank out the system without damaging the original factory wires. It would also save me a LOT of time. I've heard good things about them.
If I do go the way of soldering in a splice, should I use liquid electrical tap to seal it? What else would you all recommend?
12v newbie
2ndchance 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
1002 has in-built relays, more than powerful enough to power your actuators. Is this 2 or 4 door vehicle?
It's a 4-door.
12v newbie
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
2ndchance wrote:
How big of a deal is it to solder in? I mean, I was thinking of using Posi-Taps because it would allow me to yank out the system without damaging the original factory wires. It would also save me a LOT of time. I've heard good things about them.
If I do go the way of soldering in a splice, should I use liquid electrical tap to seal it? What else would you all recommend?
Anybody who does this for a living will tell you NOT TO USE THOSE. solder is all that should be used on a security system/remote start. t-taps, posilocks and all of that crap make horrible connections, and end up causing more problems than the time they save is worth.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
2ndchance 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so what's the best way to seal/protect the connection? I can't shrink tube it. Liquid electrical tape?
12v newbie
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
i use 3m super33 and also put a small ziptie around each connection in the oddball chance the tape decides to unravel.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

zerepdivad wrote:
i use 3m super33 and also put a small ziptie around each connection in the oddball chance the tape decides to unravel.

x2...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic