icon

Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sullivan91 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
I just got a viper 5901 alarm, I am reading that I need to purchase a bypass. Can someone help me on this install? What parts do I need that I don't have???
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Like which relay or module do I need to order?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Check out idata link. I like the ads al ca. But you will need to flash it.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

A couple of choices.  You could go with a DEI XK09 flashed with the 9.Chrysler firmware.  You would need

to flash the correct firmware with the XKLoader cable.  You could even go D2D with the Viper remote
start unit. Here is a link to the XK09 info :  http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=447
Download the 9.Chrysler install guide.  No extra parts required.

The other posibility is the iDatalink bypass module like the ADS-ALSL CH.  It comes pre-flashed with the

correct firmware.  Here is a link to their WEB site for more info : http://www.idatalink.com/support/helpdesk
I would install with the W2W method and you will need a couple of inline fuse holders with 5A fuses
and a 1N4001 diode, following the CH5 Type 1 guide.  The wiring looks complicated but is very straight
forward and an easy install.

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
I dont want to buy more 100$ stuff, I got the gift and i want one of the other relay hookups around 50$ or less. Can you help me out? Why is there NOOO install guides and help on this?
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Those trucks are a dime a dozen if you coudln't find wiring info you were just being lazy honestly....
if you want to be cheap then do it the old fashioned way by giving up a key, and using relays and resistors for a bypass.
http://documents.audiovox.com/701131.pdf
http://documents.audiovox.com/700665.pdf
     Battery          LT.BLU/RED (2AMP)          (+)          IGNITION HARNESS          
     Ignition 1          PINK/WHT          (+)          IGNITION HARNESS          
     Ignition 2          PINK/GREEN          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS          
     Accessory 1          VIOLET/BROWN          (-)          SAME AS SECOND STARTER WIRE          
     Accessory 2          PINK / YELLOW          (+)          MAY BE NO SECOND ACCESSORY          
     Starter 1          DK. GREEN/ YELLOW          (+)          IGNITION HARNESS          
     Starter 2          VIOLET/BRN          (-)          IGNITION HARNESS          
     Anti-Theft Type          DAIMLER SENTRY KEY® VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER          
     Anti-Theft Descript          THE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER          
     Key Sense          VIOLET/BROWN          (-)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS          
     Tachometer          TAN/RED, OR INJECTOR          (AC)          AT IGNITION COIL          
     Speed Sense          GREEN/ YELLOW          (AC)          PCM. IN A BLACK PLUG          
     Parking Lights          WHITE/ GREEN          (-)          AT VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH          
     Brake Lights          WHITE/ TAN          (+)          AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL          
     Reverse Lights          WHITE/ LT. GREEN          (+)          IN HARNESS, TOP OF DRIVER FENDER          
     Horn          GREEN/ VIOLET          (-)          STEERING COLUMN HARNESS          
     Databus          WHITE/ ORANGE          (DATA)          IN HARNESS AT STEERING COLUMN
     Door Lock Circuit          ONE WIRE NEGATIVE SYSTEM          (-)          DRIVERS KICK          
     Databus Wire          WHITE/ BLUE          
     Power Unlock          VIOLET/GREEN          (-)          WITHOUT FACTORY SECURITY, DRIVERS KICK, 330 OHMS THRU A RELAY.          
     PowerLock          VIOLET/GREEN          (-)          WITHOUT FACTORY SECURITY, DRIVERS KICK, 820 OHMS THRU A RELAY.
All Door Trigger          MUST USE LATCH WIRES          (-)          BE SURE TO USE TWO DIODES TO ISOLATE          
     Domelight Super          YELLOW/BLUE          (+)          DRIVERS A PILLAR          
     LF Latch          VIOLET          (-)          IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL          
     RF Latch          VIOLET/WHITE          (-)          IN HARNESS IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL          
     LR Latch          VIOLET/ORANGE          (-)          DRIVERS KICK          
     RR Latch          VIOLET / YELLOW          (-)          PASSENGER KICK          
     Hood Trigger          VIOLET/LIGHT BLUE          (-)          AT VEHICLE HOOD PIN SWITCH          
     Alarm Disarm          FACTORY REMOTE ONLY          
     Alarm Arm          FACTORY REMOTE ONLY
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

DEI, the company that manufactures the Viper, preferes to have only authorived dealers / installers install their products.  They make it very hard for DIYers to obtain installation guides or tech support.  While the Viper is a top shelf product, a remote start / alarm novice will have a bit of difficulty installing it.  There is an install guide in the Downloads section of this site.  It might be slightly out of date ( H1 harness ) but will provide most of the info you need but it is written for the experienced DEI installer. 

The vehicle you want to install it in has a special ignition circuit, a transponder immobilizer system, one wire door locks and a MUX style Parking Light system.  The use of a full featured bypass module like the ones mentioned above will save a lot of time and make the install easy.  They are available for less than $80.

Soldering is fun!
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
i think he'd have more fun doing it the old school way with no bypass....
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone link me to the exact one I should purchase?
Other then the one mentioned above?
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
If I order this, is this all I will need?
http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=DLPKCHG2
Or do I need that and this:
http://cgi./VIPER-CAR-ALARM-REMOTE-START-TRANSPONDER-BYPASS-MODULE-/110628259501?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c1f546ad
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic