icon

Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2010 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
Yes Kreg, I fully understand. Flame job.
sullivan91 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone?
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
Ok i found a modual that will fix the key and the immobilizer that messes things up on ebay for like 12$.
As far as hooking it up, I am buying the relays and resistors, why the love buy some retarded 80$ piece of doodie, when I can wire it all up. I know how to do this, question is do I have the right supply list?
2x 12VDC 30/40 AMP Relays
150 OHM, 560 OHM, 330 OHM, 820 OHM Resistors
What else do I need?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a diagram for the Starter MUX circuit :

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_RAM-FULL-SIZE-PICKUP_DODGE%20RAM%20STARTER%20and%20ACCESSORY%202%20DIAGRAM.pdf

Here is a diagram fo the Parking Light circuit : 

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/153_RAM-FULL-SIZE-PICKUP_CHRYSLER%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf

Here is a diagram for the lock circuits : ( top diagram for a remote starter with (-) lock outputs )

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/1212_RAM-FULL-SIZE-PICKUP_DODGE%20RAM%2004-05%201%20WIRE%20JBS%20UNITS.pdf

Here is a diagram for the Door Triggers :  ( for the alarm trgger input and Viper programming )

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_RAM-FULL-SIZE-PICKUP_(-)%20NEGATIVE%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION%20CIRCUIT.pdf

Looks like five 30/40 Amp SPDT relays with sockets, four 1N4001 diodes, one 180 ohm, one 330 ohm, one 610 ohm, one 820 ohm and one 1130 ohm resistors.

Universal "key in box box" bypass - $12, five relays - $15, four diodes - $2, 100 pack resistor assortment - $5, one working valet key $12,

one extra roll Scotch Super 33+ tape - $5, one extra tube 60/40 solder - $4, three extra hours labor/troubleshooting - priceless.  Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram - Page 2 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Three extra hours?
And of course no mistakes will be made in wiring up 5 relays, diodes resistors etc.
A piece of advice would also be to not use the tiny resistors that come with the kits, I've had them break up when in-line soldered, use the next up wattage.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Doesnt seem to hard, I am not a guy to understand these diagrams and wire layouts the best but I am thinkning I understand it all and where all the wires go. I am not going to fully do this unless I feel assured myself that I can do this.
I ran by radioshack to pick up supplies, to find only 1 relay in stock and it was $7!!!. I think I found 5 relays on ebay already wired with leads for like $12 shipped.
Thanks and I will post back if I need more help.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
Help! If I get this, will this solve all the relay and reisistor and diode mess?
http://#/NEW-XPRESSKIT-PKUMUX-CHRYSLER-GEN-2-KEY-BYPASS-MODULE-/350402732337?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5195a16131
Im so confused, does this module make it so I dont wire all the doors and stuff?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  

The PKUMUX will only handle the transponder bypass and the starter MUX circuit.  You will still need diodes,

resistors and relays for the Parking Lights, door locks and door triggers.

The DLPKGHG2 bypass you mentioned previously would be a better solution.  It takes care of the transponder bypass,

starter MUX, door locks and door triggers.  While I have never tried it, the DLPKCHG2 is capable of going
D2D with your Viper remote starter.  That will save you some wiring connections and also provide a Tach and a Brake
signal via D2D.  That leaves only the Parking Lights.

While the Bulldog Parking Light diagram shows a direct connection to the Parking Light MUX wire, most

alarm manufacturers recommend opening the parking light MUX wire with the relay to provide light switch
isolation during remote starter parking light control.  Here is a note form Audiovox :
MUST ISOLATE FROM THE SWITCH WITH A RELAY DUE TO A REST RESISTANCE FORM THE SWITCH, USE A 1.1K OHM RESISTOR.

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so if I go with the: http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=DLPKCHG2
I still need a few relays, which ones does this one not cover?
kreg357 
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

See second paragraph from previous post. 

You need one 30/40A SPDT relay and one 1.1K resistor for the Parking Light circuit.  The DLPKCHG2 will handle the rest.

The bad news is they are out of stock at that place...

Soldering is fun!
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic