Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sullivan91 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
How about this one:
http://cgi./NEW-DEI-XPRESSKIT-XK09-UNIVERSAL-TRANSPONDER-BYPASS-/220712742215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3363812d47
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Someone on ebay has recommended me to buy Xpresskit DB-All.
http://cgi./DEI-DBALL-Databus-ALL-Multi-Module-/200539150324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb11097f4
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a link to the DEI products for your truck :    http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=2006&make=Dodge&model=RAM&ps=1&s=0    The DB-ALL and the XK09 would have to be flashed with the correct firmware for your truck.  That requires a special USB cable.  Some online sellers will flash the bypass module with the correct firmware prior to shipment.  The DLPKCHG2 comes preloaded. 
Soldering is fun!
opelap 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Just buy the CHALL and CHTH2 cable from amazon or ebay.
Just put one in my 06. Four splices, one cut wire, one grounded wire and it is running perfectly.
If you do not want to spend the $80 to $90 it will cost the get the CHALL and adapter cable, the spend the $250 to get it installed.
These trucks have caused major issues when wiring direct.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Here is a link to the DEI products for your truck :    http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=2006&make=Dodge&model=RAM&ps=1&s=0    The DB-ALL and the XK09 would have to be flashed with the correct firmware for your truck.  That requires a special USB cable.  Some online sellers will flash the bypass module with the correct firmware prior to shipment.  The DLPKCHG2 comes preloaded. 
I understand that they will have to be programmed, but are these units full feature things that will complete the job and use no relays? I have some sellers that will pre program them before shipping so the programming isnt an issue. I don't need to reprogram every so its not an issue.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Those DEI bypass modules will do everything except the Parking Light MUX.  You will still need one relay and the 1.1k ohm resistor for the parking light control.  If you go to the previously posted DEI link, they list each module and what its' capabilities are.  Complete install instructions can be found in the modules Install Guide.
Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
I know im asking a lot but you are helping me. :)
What about this one:
http://cgi./BYPASSKIT-CHDL1B-PK-CHRYSLER-DODGE-BYPASS-MODULE-/180436005060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a02d2f0c4
Here it is on xpresskits site:
http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=89
Its a discontinued kit, but I want to find something thats cheap and on ebay or another site. I know theres a cheap module on there, theres like 15!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
BYPASSKIT CHDL1B-PK CHRYSLER-DODGE BYPASS MODULE on eBay
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the triple post but I cannot edit them...
I found the DEI XK532 on ebay.
DIRECTED XK532
Remote start data interface and door lock & alarm control for Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep model vehicles with 2nd Generation Sentry Key
Item Features:
    * remote start data interface and door lock & alarm control
    * preloaded for use in late model Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles equipped with 2nd Generation Sentry Key RF transponder anti-theft systems
    * no key required - works with your factory databus
    * included 10-pin harness provides wires to connect to your factory system
    * maintains factory alarm interface integrity
    * door lock, sliding door, and door pin status control
    * window roll-up
    * trunk/hatch release
Then all i need is a relay for the parking lights.
kreg357 
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, the discontinued DEI XK532 will work.  Just make sure it is flashed with CHDL7 Ver 3.0 firmware.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic