icon

Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sullivan91 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I found a DEI XK03 CHDL7 with CHDL7 Platform 3, So I am assuming this chip is pre programmed with what you have mentioned.
But I have also found on xpresskits site, "IMPORTANT NOTE: XK03/CHDL3 WILL NOT WORK ON 2003-2006 DODGE RAM's THAT ARE NOT EQUIPPED WITH FACTORY SECURITY"
I am not sure if mine does or not, just bought it.
If you lock the car and open a door from the inside it doesn't go off.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

The XK03 with CHDL7 firmware does not do the transponder bypass function.

The XK532 with CHDL7 firmware does the transponder bypass.  On FleaBay for <  $17.

Both modules handle the door locks, factory alarm, starter MUX  and door status.

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, thanks. I hope you understand what I am doing. Throughout this process I have seen modules that are for my car but are cheap and modules for my care that are new and really expensive... so I filtered them out to a working, compatible, yet affordable.
Were going with the XK532, thanks! I only need one relay and I will order that off of e-bay as well.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
Another question as for the parking light relay, for the resistor. I wire a 1k resistor a and a 1XX ohm resistor in sequence to obtain the 1130 ohms?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, connected in series the resistance value in cumulative.  So a 1k and 100 ohm resistor will work. 

Or you could buy a 5 pack of 2.2k ohm resistors and combine 2 in parallel to produce the desired 1.1k ohm.

Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram - Page 4 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
But i need to produce the full 1130, so this now tells me to get a 1k,100ohm,30ohm resistors.
kreg357 
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  

Bulldog Security suggests a 1130 ohm resistor to ground ( no isolation ).  Audiovox suggests relay isolation of the light switch and a 1.1k ohm resistor to ground as per note :

MUST ISOLATE FROM THE SWITCH WITH A RELAY DUE TO A REST RESISTANCE FORM THE SWITCH,

USE A 1.1K OHM RESISTOR.

Not sure how critical the resistance is.  Most resistors are + or - 5% ( gold band ), so a 1k resistor can be anywhere from 950 to 1050 ohms...

Relay wiring:

Relay Pin 86 to Viper Parking Light output.  Set to (+) with jumper/fuse.

Relay Pin 85 to chassis ground.
Relay pin 87a to switch side of of cut WHITE/ Green Parking Light wire.
Relay Pin 87 thru 1.1K ohm resistor to chassis ground.
Relay Pin 30 to BCM side of cut WHITE/ Green Parking Light wire.

( Bonus points for a 1N4004 diode across Relay Pins 85 to 86 with the band towards Pin 86.   Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram - Page 4 -- posted image.  )

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  
And from experience with European multiplex systems, your answer Kreg is right on the money.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Here is what the seller of the XK532 sent me:
"This will take care of monitoring the doors when it comes to the alarm portion of your 5901, however, there are a few other parts you will need for the installation. You will need two relays and resistors to connect your second starter as well as accessory wires to the ignition. If you would like to send us your email address during the checkout process, we can send the wiring sheet for your vehicle as well as the sheet for wiring up the two relays with resistors. If you have any other questions, please let us know! MotoCARR"
So now I need three relays?
kreg357 
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

The XK532 with CHDL7 firmware should be able to control the Second Starter MUX wire properly.  This

is from the DEI product description: 

Xk532 even has a output called MUX which is used to activate the vehciles 2nd starter and 2nd accessory circuits when remote starting....

Chrysler MUX activation is an integrated feature of #532. The MUX is a 2nd Starter and accessory activation wire which requires a resistance value in order for start up.

The XK532s' Violet/White wire is connected to the trucks PURPLE / Brown Starter2 MUX wire.  There is a note on the last page of the XK532 install guide if your truck does not have a Starter1 wire.

Still looks like only one relay and resistor for the Parking Lights.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic