icon

Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sullivan91 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
are all the wires i am accessing going to be under the steering column? I installed the wire harness for the audio and installed a double din touchscreen myself. i know i can handle this alarm task.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

The Vipers' Power, Hood Pin and the Tach wires go into the engine compartment, everything else is on the drivers side under the dash.  The XK532 will supply the door trigger signal for the Viper alarm.

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
so i get the power from the battery? or from the ignition switch. please tell me which one it should be hooked up to, and how it should be hooked up. Right now I have a 4 gauge power wire going to a sub amp right now.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  
I believe the +12V constant at the ignition switch ( Light Blue/Red ) is too small in gauge to handle the Vipers current needs.  You could tap into the 4 gauge power amp wire if it is more convenient.   There are four +12V constant power wires from the Viper to connect.  I solder everything and either use heat shrink tube or Scotch Super 33+ electric tape to insulate.
Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Today I am going to start some basic mount and placement and pre wiring of some wires. And go to radio shack to get my shopping list:
*resistor pack (if cheaper then buying a 1k,100,30ohm resistors)
*30/40 amp SPDT automotive 5 pin relay
*1N4004 diode
Parts come in next monday or so UPS ground. I ordered a couple days ago.
kreg357 
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Radio Shack has Digital Multi Meters, too.   Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram - Page 5 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
my pops got one.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
ok look here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9c5iqm2f7lyq1o8
that is the xk532 install guide, it says I need two keys for programming. I only have one!
I don't believe my key is a special one like it has a chip in it, how do i tell if it does? I believe if i went to lowes, i could have them make a copy of the key for make $3 correct? And it should work. But why does the programming need two separate keys? Couldn't I essentially use the same key sense its not a chipped key?
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Get your $3 key copy from Lowes and see if it will start your truck. If it does, then you don't have an immobilizer. If not, at least you got yourself a spare key to unlock your truck.
Or you can look for the light on your dash when you start. Usually looks like a Key or something.
kreg357 
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully you don't have the transponder immobilizer system, of course the iDatalink module that was recommended on Page 1 of this thread will program with only one key.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic