icon

Viper 5901, ’06 Dodge Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sullivan91 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
well, if i go buy this key at lowes and it works, will that work as my second key?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
No, it will just prove that your truck does not have an immobilizer system and does not need the transponder portion of the XK532. 
Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
not even going to waste my time. i did some research and found out my key isnt a programmed key therefore not having a transponder. A simple test proves this even more, go to ebay, search "transponder key 2006 dodge ram" that key isn't mine. mine is completely different. now I find other keys like mine on the net that dont have chips. So that is kind of proven. So when the kit comes, do i just skip over that chunk of the instructions? It seems like some stuff is done...
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
isn't your key an all in one with keyless and such built into the base of the key?
if so open the fob, and take the "guts" out and try starting with just the skeleton key. very simple.... can't say i've seen a chrysler that style NOT have a transponder.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
My key, is one that has an electronic device that activates the panic, locks the doors and unlocks. All it is, is a shell with a key attached to it. And the electronic peice can be taken out and put into another and have the key cut and it will work.
zerepdivad 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
so you've started the vehicle with the electronics removed and by just using the skeleton key?
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
No, but I have enough common sense to know that the electronic device that I am able to take out only goes to the lock,unlock,and panic button. The remote portion serves no other purpose, there is no connection.
I know if I take it out, my car will start. Simple as that.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
Go with DEI's DB-ALL. From experience it is far more reliable than the XK09, still made by Directed and doesn't require extra modules just to flash it. It comes pre-flashed and only needs to be wired and programed.
Gary Sather
zerepdivad 
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
try it out. i'm curious. maybe you can teach me a thing or two. because i first hand have experienced numerous where the electronics that do the lock unlock, also have the transponder built into that same piece. look at the alternative method for programming the xk532.... it tells you to open up a key/fob. wonder why...
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Yes instead of wasting all this time, remove the electronics from the key and with the car unlocked, wait 5 mins then turn the naked key in the ignition and see if it starts and runs.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic